DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2850n & Talktalk

More
01 Jan 2014 12:29 #78618 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Draytek 2850n & Talktalk
Happy New Year
How did you discover that :wink:
The 2800 model had SNR (via telnet) tweak value settings (for adsl lines because is only adsl modem) and perhaps was added the monitor only to this model for watching the changes
I am sure if draytek wants can add this to other models (personal i would like to see it) but if you asking as request, post in the wishlist section http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=3 ... someone of the support is looking from time to time

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jmutton
  • Topic Author
More
03 Jan 2014 09:38 #78630 by jmutton
Replied by jmutton on topic Re: Draytek 2850n & Talktalk
Been playing a little bit more and managed to extract the SNR for each DS and US. Also pulling the FEC numbers.

Draytek 2850n, VigorAP 800

• jmutton
  • Topic Author
More
03 Jan 2014 13:03 #78635 by jmutton
I've just had to abandon using the Draytek as an all-in-one router/modem. I've disabled all of the WANs except WAN2 as I'm now using a BT Openreach modem and getting much much better speeds. However the Draytek now keeps 'clicking'. It looks like even though I've disabled WAN1 its still trying to sync the ADSL/VDSL in turn. Its VERY annoying as its on my desk.

Is there anyway to disable this?

More
03 Jan 2014 18:24 #78641 by andyhamp
Replied by andyhamp on topic Re: Draytek 2850n & Talktalk
Jason,

Would be prepared to share the Perl script you used to pull the stats and how you pushed the data to Cacti ?

Thanks ... Andy

More
04 Jan 2014 00:08 #78646 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Draytek 2850n & Talktalk
interesting here too :oops: thanks

EDIT ... by the way did you get any beta which helps?

• jmutton
  • Topic Author
More
04 Jan 2014 00:52 #78647 by jmutton
Hey, I can send you the perl file which you need to run on your Cacti install. The perl code connects to the draytek using telnet and pulls off the figures and then cacti graphs the data.

They did indeed send me a beta firmware however I had a BT openreach engineer here today who installed the Openreach modem so I've connected that to my Draytek via WAN2. The speed has increased by 10Mb and I've had no dropouts since. I don't think the Draytek can really handle the VDSL2 connection, shame really as thats why I purchased it.

I'm now looking into unlocking the Openreach modem for some more graphs and stats!

Moderators: Sami