DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2850n & Talktalk

More
30 Dec 2013 10:06 #78606 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Draytek 2850n & Talktalk

jmutton wrote: Looks like I'm going to need that different VDSL firmware...

Is there a download link anywhere?

No usually the support keeps the betas (unless a user such you or me publish it) but they reply fast ... you can try the annex B if is more stable for your line or rollback official firmwares ... 3.6.4 was ok for few users (at the vdsl part) ... try to change and ethernet cable from the phone socket to the 2850

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jmutton
  • Topic Author
More
30 Dec 2013 10:57 #78607 by jmutton
Replied by jmutton on topic Re: Draytek 2850n & Talktalk
I've contacted them this morning so I'll have to wait and see. The Draytek dropped out this morning and I've noticed this...

The speed has decreased, less errors and now INP is on the line.

I don't know if thats talktalk tweaking it as I did report a fault or if its automatic due to all of the disconnects.
On another note I did have CACTI logging the SNR values but since its changed to VDSL its stopped working. Do I need another OID for the VDSL?

Draytek 2850n, VigorAP 800

More
30 Dec 2013 11:26 #78608 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Draytek 2850n & Talktalk
from my past experience with vdsl (not have it any more because moved house) seems to me the DLM has dropped your connection due to errors / many drops and manual reboots (changing modem codes or firmwares)
You may need wait if any beta / backward firmware helps you ... other way it will take long time your profile go up, unless when you get a good working firmware or put back the BT modem, TT can reset your profile ... if they do, is not worth to ask yet unless you sort out the problem with the modem ...
if you just got the 2850 and the supplied BT modem is the eci b-focus ... then perhaps if you can exchange it with the shop for the 2760n maybe better choice for you as they have the same chipset ... but this is personal opinion

• jmutton
  • Topic Author
More
30 Dec 2013 11:40 #78609 by jmutton

seems to me the DLM has dropped your connection due to errors / many drops and manual reboots (changing modem codes or firmwares)

That was my gut feeling.

I only had the VDSL installed on the 27th Dec 2013 (last Friday!) When the BT openreach engineer was here he did not actually leave me an Openreach modem. All I have is the Talktalk HG533, I've complained to Talktalk so hopefully they will send me one.

• jmutton
  • Topic Author
More
31 Dec 2013 02:03 #78613 by jmutton
I've been busy tonight and I've managed to get the SNR values from the telnet side of the router using a perl script and then graphing the data using cacti!

• jmutton
  • Topic Author
More
01 Jan 2014 04:48 #78617 by jmutton
Is this possible on the 2850n?

Moderators: Sami