Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2760n LAN DHCP issues

• deltamikealpha
  • Topic Author
More
07 Jan 2014 12:20 #78677 by deltamikealpha
Vigor 2760n LAN DHCP issues was created by deltamikealpha
Hi all,

I've got a weird problem. Following the success of using my 2860 at home - I've set up a 2760n for my Dad.

During setup I noticed something odd - that the wired LAN after a little while was dropping out - so put it down to the cable. Now all setup, everything's running great apart from wired LAN connections.

Wireless is all fine - clients connect and can use the net without issue.

Now - any computer is completely unable to obtain an IP address when wired.

- The dashboard shows a network cable connected on the correct port
- I've checked out the ports through telnet, though I can't find out how to get the device info, the port config is correct
- From memory, the first wired dropout was when I set up Infinity

Is there anything obvious I could've missed? I've not played with VLANs at all on this thing, though feel in some way it might be related.

Any help appreciated, I'm going nuts on this one!!

Dave.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2014 13:40 #78679 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor 2760n LAN DHCP issues
may not help with your issue but if you using firmware 1.1.1 was few issues ... i never had problem with wired lan
make sure at Network > Switch > Physical Port the lan ports are enable and then at Network > LAN > Ethernet>dhcp server configuration are in range because by default the range is only up to 192.168.1.50 (can extend it)
check the pc's if they obtain ip automatically at their network card and also latest firmware if you want to try with the *rst* file is here
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2760/Firmware/v1.2.0.1/
as for telnet is different from the other models ... go at the CLI console into the 2760 UI and type ...help... to see the available commands

• deltamikealpha
  • Topic Author
More
07 Jan 2014 15:29 #78681 by deltamikealpha
Replied by deltamikealpha on topic Re: Vigor 2760n LAN DHCP issues
Thanks - now resolved!

I'm concerned as to why it was an issue - but the firmware update seems to have solved it.

In regs to the telnet stuff -- it's bizarre. There are things that look like what I'm after but don't give the info -- though it's really not that much of an issue just now, again ;)

Moderators: Sami