DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Virgin Media Superhub2 & 2820n

• mike.molyneux
  • Topic Author
More
15 Jan 2014 16:23 #78734 by mike.molyneux
Virgin Media Superhub2 & 2820n was created by mike.molyneux
I'm trying to use the superhub & 2820n at the same time. I've put the superhub into modem mode and connected it to the WAN2 port on the Draytek.
Draytek has WAN1 disabled & WAN2 set to Ethernet & auto IP. I've powered stuff off/on and waited 5 minutes between powering them on and there's no link light on the draytek WAN2 port. Tried other cables that I know work, but still nothing. Any ideas would be massive appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2014 19:35 #78737 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Virgin Media Superhub2 & 2820n
SH 2 in modem mode ...
The guide is from my 2830 so if some features is not there sorry but is the right order

disable wan 1 & 3 (usb) at wan>general set up ... this is because if both wans are enable will stolen some power of the CPU so will give you less speed ... note the 2820 the firewall is up to 50mb so if you get anything above this is a success for the 2820
Enable wan 2
display name VM or Virgin (anything you like)
physical type auto navigation, ethernet
active mode always on

wan > internet access >wan 2 >details page needs to set it with static or dynamic ip tab (not PPPoE or PPTP)
click top left enable
WAN Connection Detection always on
if ask of MTU 1500
obtain ip automatic
or second attempt (if fails when you finish the set up with auto ip) use this link to find your current ip to use it at Specify an IP address and default gateway should be 192.168.1.1, subnet mask i think should work if you leave it blank
http://whatismyipaddress.com/

then reboot SH & 2830 at same time & should work but note the speed of the 2820 is limited

also make sure you have connect the cable (cat5e is fine) from the lan 1 (the one lan if i remember correct nearest to the coax base of the SH 2) to the incoming wan 2 of the 2820 ... in other words try the one lan from the top or the bottom but i m sure the one near the coax is working with modem mode)

• mike.molyneux
  • Topic Author
More
16 Jan 2014 09:23 #78739 by mike.molyneux
Replied by mike.molyneux on topic Re: Virgin Media Superhub2 & 2820n
Thanks. I'll give this a go. Thanks

• mike.molyneux
  • Topic Author
More
16 Jan 2014 16:23 #78747 by mike.molyneux
Replied by mike.molyneux on topic Re: Virgin Media Superhub2 & 2820n
All working! Many, many thanks. It was using the correct physical port on the SH2 I was missing!

Thanks

Moderators: Sami