Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830n+ Annex M firmware

• art15t
  • Topic Author
More
16 Jan 2014 09:06 #78738 by art15t
2830n+ Annex M firmware was created by art15t
Hi Folks,

I'm currently having a problem with Annex M speeds on the above router. current firmware is listed as follows:

Recommended from the UK site for Annex M is the alternative firmware ....
Firmware Version : 3.6.4 db
For ADSL2+ Annex M lines, the latest modem code 2471201 is suggested so this is what I get from a show adsl

> show adsl

ATU-R Info (hw: annex A, f/w: annex A)

Running Mode : G.992.5 annexM State : SHOWTIME
DS Actual Rate : 17992449 bps US Actual Rate : 2503898 bps
DS Attainable Rate : 18128000 bps US Attainable Rate : 2460000 bps
DS Path Mode : Interleave US Path Mode : Interleave
DS Interleave Depth : 1 US Interleave Depth : 1
NE Current Attenuation : 8 dB Cur SNR Margin : 6 dB
DS actual PSD : 19. 2 dB US actual PSD : 12. 3 dB
ADSL Firmware Version : 2471201_A

ATU-C Info

Far Current Attenuation : 8 dB Far SNR Margin : 6 dB
CO ITU Version[0] : 00004946 CO ITU Version[1] : 0000544e
DSLAM CHIPSET VENDOR : < IFTN >
> show status
System Uptime:4:53:47

Is the above correct as it seems to infer the firmware is Annex A but running in Annex M mode right now. I have my ISP and BT on the case at the moment and think the OR guy is going to start looking at the firmware so I want to make sure I'm running the correct version.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• art15t
  • Topic Author
More
16 Jan 2014 13:16 #78740 by art15t
Replied by art15t on topic Re: 2830n+ Annex M firmware
can a mod move this into "Genral Product Usage" for me as I wrongly posted here

Regards

ART

More
16 Jan 2014 13:59 #78741 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2830n+ Annex M firmware

> show adsl

ATU-R Info (hw: annex A, f/w: annex A)

Running Mode : G.992.5 annexM State : SHOWTIME
DS Actual Rate : 17992449 bps US Actual Rate : 2503898 bps
DS Attainable Rate : 18128000 bps US Attainable Rate : 2460000 bps

the 2830 it is with annex M mode (orange color) and getting 17... something bps, this almost 18 mbps speed and upload 2,5 mbps
All look good from the stats ... what is the problem with the speed you are facing?disconnections?
Try change the filters from the phone socket if will make any difference and also even if is locked with annex M at WAN >> Internet Access>>details page>>Modulation, set it & manually at ADSL2+ Annex M ... this is only because it helps to lock faster

Also the latest firmware is 3.6.6.2 but if you going to upgrade you need to use the *rst* file and do all settings manual back from the begin, if not much pain (too many settings) because the *rst* will delete everything and set back to factory defaults
Firmware for dual band (db) model (and use same modem code)
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2830/Firmware/Dual%20band/v3.6.6.2_DB/Vigor2830_db_v3.6.6.2_AnnexA/

• art15t
  • Topic Author
More
16 Jan 2014 14:56 #78742 by art15t
Replied by art15t on topic Re: 2830n+ Annex M firmware
I'm only getting about 700k upload....I recently moved from BE/O2 LLU to Plusnet (BTW) and the UL speeds have more than halved. No change in hardware but the OR engineer did cock up which had to be corrected by BT. I need to eliminate the router as the possible cause. I have a Billion 7402NX spare so could try that at the weekend or like you said upgrade the firmware on the 2830 to 3.6.6.2 with modem code 2471201 which is listed as the Annex M alternative file.

BT engineer called again yesterday and said we'd never get more out of our line than what we're getting now...not very convinced seeing as I was getting over 2mbps with BE prior to the switch to BTW.

More
16 Jan 2014 15:32 #78743 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2830n+ Annex M firmware
I would say to make a post as well at plusnet forums just to make sure you got the correct parameters settings and do a search there if is anyone with similar issue

the 700 bps you getting ... is with wifi ... or with cable connected to the testing pc/laptops?

for the 2830 i would suggest
-check the correct plusnet parameters such vci,vpi,mtu, llc snap or vc mux etc (sorry i am not with plusnet to confirm)
- at WAN >> General Setup don't forget to set always on the active mode and if possible try the physical type to 100 full duplex or half
-tick the adsl2+ annex m as mentioned
- at LAN >> General Setup try enable the option RIP Protocol Control
-change the filters if will make any difference
-Keep the 2830 far from electric electronic devices (such tv etc)
- use cable from the phone socket to the 2830 cable no more than 1,5 meters long
-Change firmware to the latest with *rst* file to clean everything and back the settings from the begin
-check at Firewall >> DoS defense Setup and turn it off if will see difference
-check at Bandwidth Management >> Quality of Service to be all inactive

as last attempt contact the support http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/techquery if they can give more advise or any other firmware

will be good idea to try an other modem

More
16 Jan 2014 15:56 #78746 by phyber
Replied by phyber on topic Re: 2830n+ Annex M firmware

art15t wrote: I recently moved from BE/O2 LLU to Plusnet (BTW) and the UL speeds have more than halved

You might need to file a ticket with PlusNet support and ask for your upload speed to be uncapped.
No, I am not making that up, by default they cap the upload speed. I have no idea why. You can read about it in their knowledge base if you dig deep enough. If you've already done that, then yeah, you probably want to start investigating more.

While I'm here (and I apologise to OP for this small hijack, but this forum has no PM feature), babis3g, I read in another thread that you use the router firmwares from Draytek.com. Do the international firmwares run OK on the UK routers? I ask because I have a DNS issue with my 2860 and it looks like 3.7.3.3 might fix it. However, since that was released in November and it's now January, I have no faith in DrayTek UK releasing it any time soon.

Moderators: Sami