DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830n+ Annex M firmware

More
16 Jan 2014 17:11 #78748 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2830n+ Annex M firmware

phyber wrote:

art15t wrote: babis3g, I read in another thread that you use the router firmwares from Draytek.com. Do the international firmwares run OK on the UK routers? I ask because I have a DNS issue with my 2860 and it looks like 3.7.3.3 might fix it. However, since that was released in November and it's now January, I have no faith in DrayTek UK releasing it any time soon.

Hi ... i don't have the 2860 but using the firmwares from draytek.com for 2 years by now with 2830n SB & 2850n & 2760 with TT (infineon dslam) ... never had any problems with the adsl part of the modem ... now i am down to greece the last few months for family and break matters and still using the same models 2830 & 2850 with great success of the adsl part (broadcom dslam)
My guess is that all firmwares are the same just from time to time the local draytek (example for here the UK support) may adjust from time to time a beta firmware for local adjustments (example sky mer) until comes official even at mains draytek ... other way personal i don't see any difference as almost all countries using annex A which i believe is the same ... only modem codes for adsl can make little difference because of different dslams

As for the routing part again must be the same because looking at the release notes here & main site ...they are the same at UK download pages and main draytek.com

example ... the 2830 single band with firmware 3.6.4.1 which is the latest at UK at the moment has the same released notes fixes as the main ones, just with different words ... take a look
http://www.draytek.co.uk/download/support/readme_v2830sb.txt
main draytek
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2830/Firmware/Single%20band/v3.6.4.1_SB/Vigor2830_sb_v3.6.4.1_release_note.pdf

in general i think local draytek supports if they have different firmwares must be only betas just for their region

My 2760 will not work good in greece it reboots its self and also has adsl disconnections but i have placed a BT socket from broadbandbuyer.com with a face plate (down in greece with a British socket :lol: ) ...
Is too much to take it off and leave the socket plain and just connect a filter/splitter but i think when did not had the BT socket with the adsl faceplate did not had issues with the 2760 but again did not use it much down here to be 100% sure

sorry for long explanation but perhaps you will not get a picture if i just say yes i think are all the same firmwares and sorry the original OP as well ... hope to sort it soon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2014 17:57 #78749 by phyber
Replied by phyber on topic Re: 2830n+ Annex M firmware
Great, thanks for the information. I'll flash it and see what happens. Worst case I have to flash back to 3.7.3 and put up with the DNS/firewall issues for a while.

• art15t
  • Topic Author
More
16 Jan 2014 19:08 #78750 by art15t
Replied by art15t on topic Re: 2830n+ Annex M firmware
guys please start a fresh thread for any issues you are having with different models ...but thanks for the input :)

I already have a ticket open with plusnet and two BT engineer viists so far ...BT engineer didn't even know what Annex M was LOL and said he'd never seen a BTW line achieve more than 1Mb UL (refrains from swearing). Stone the crows I'm loosing the will to live! The latest today is the engineer spoke with support and they've set my line to Annex M but I'm not sure if this was a reset or it wasn't set it the first place. Lets see what happens!

I'll go down the route of FW upgrade later or just drop my billion 7402nx in place to see if that solves things

More
17 Jan 2014 11:14 #78754 by phyber
Apologies for the short thread hijack, back on topic.

art15t wrote: I already have a ticket open with plusnet and two BT engineer viists so far ..

But did you make sure that PlusNet had uncapped your upload speed? This is a thing that they (PlusNet) control and no BT engineer is required.
https://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/upload_speeds.shtml

More
17 Jan 2014 12:46 #78755 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2830n+ Annex M firmware

phyber wrote: Apologies for the short thread hijack, back on topic.

art15t wrote: I already have a ticket open with plusnet and two BT engineer viists so far ..

But did you make sure that PlusNet had uncapped your upload speed? This is a thing that they (PlusNet) control and no BT engineer is required.
https://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/upload_speeds.shtml

it does not look from the stats the upload is capped ... it synchronise with 2.5 mbps ... unless plusnet offers 3.5 mbps with their annex M lines ... but of course he can ask

More
17 Jan 2014 13:17 #78756 by phyber

babis3g wrote: it does not look from the stats the upload is capped ... it synchronise with 2.5 mbps ... unless plusnet offers 3.5 mbps with their annex M lines ... but of course he can ask

IIRC, they let the router sync at a higher speed but throttle the upload later on in their network, so you're unable to tell if you're being capped just from the router sync speed. I remember being pretty shocked at finding their page about upload speeds after wondering why my upload was so slow compared to my sync speed.

I've since moved away from them (was only with them for about 1 month). They throttle/QoS everything on their network, it can be quite unpleasant at times.

Moderators: Sami