DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860n V-Lan DHCP fails

More
18 Jan 2014 18:40 #78775 by vyvt
2860n V-Lan DHCP fails was created by vyvt
I have just set up my new router and am trying to set three V-Lans - the first has ports 1 - 5 plus wireless SSID1 and the second the guest wireless SSID2. The Third is port 6 to be a stand alone LAN for secure card transactions (connectivity not yet tested).

When I enable the V-Lans I find that at least one of my PCs (connected to port 2) fails to get an IP address dynamically. Even having set the IP configuration manually on that PC it fails to connect to the internet saying that Windows can't identify the connection. Everything connects fine when the V-Lans are disabled.

Am I missing something here? All I want to do is to have the guest SSID kept off the network (which I think is OK in the wireless settings anyway) and to have one separate secure port for connecting to the internet to use LLoyds Cardsave.

You will gather that I am new (or out of practice) regarding routers and the protocols.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2014 19:18 #78792 by vyvt
Replied by vyvt on topic Re: 2860n V-Lan DHCP fails
Had help from DrayTek support via e-mail ticket. Great service and now all up and running. It appears the issue was that I had enabled tags which were not needed. They also advised on wireless channels.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami