AP800 and firmware update problem.

• casperfelix
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
01 Feb 2014 09:53 #78913 by casperfelix
AP800 and firmware update problem. was created by casperfelix
I have an AP800 acting as a bridge for a 2710 router. My main computer is cabled to it. Until this morning, when I did a firmware update, it worked fine and could be accessed via 192.168.1.2. After the firmware update it continues to work fine and various wireless equipment attaches to it fine but .... I can't view its web interface on 192.168.1.2. Indeed when I ping that address it says nothing is there. Help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• casperfelix
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
01 Feb 2014 10:17 #78914 by casperfelix
Replied by casperfelix on topic Re: AP800 and firmware update problem.
And what's worse is the firmware update I downloaded yesterday, ap800_r3770_113.all, isn't shown on the website today?

More
01 Feb 2014 17:54 #78919 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: AP800 and firmware update problem.
firmware seems still there at main draytek but not at UK download pages
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/VigorAP%20800/Firmware/v1.1.3/

Have you tried another browser or clear the cache if will appear 192.168.1.2 ? or maybe something with the pc dhcp at network & sharing centre > local area connection > ipv4 > properties dhcp range? ... or you may renew the ip address of the pc?

• casperfelix
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
03 Feb 2014 10:28 #78936 by casperfelix
As I said I pinged the address - indeed all the IP addresses possible on my LAN and got zil. The following morning the AP went completely mad insofar as wireless clients could see it but couldn't connect to it. I then did a hard reset - nothing. I then smacked it - nothing. I then did a hard reboot i.e. unplugged it - nothing. I thern did a further hard reset and it reappeared and was browsable. I then reinstalled the firmware shown on the UK site and found it wasn't browsable again. DOH. So I went through another series of resets and smacks etc until it reappeared again. It's now been running for 24 hours OK ...........................

• casperfelix
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
03 Feb 2014 10:38 #78937 by casperfelix
Just read this http://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=18804&p=78450&hilit=ap800#p77948 which cheered me enormously insofar as not being the only one to have this problem. It also gave me some thoughts about what to do if it happens again. Though for now I'll leave firmware alone for the forseeable future.

Moderators: Sami