DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

view connected devices 2760n

• inge jones
  • Topic Author
More
01 Feb 2014 12:14 #78915 by inge jones
view connected devices 2760n was created by inge jones
I would have searched for "connected devices" but the too-clever search restrictions told me both words were too common :|

Anyway I am used to the user interface to a router having a nice cosy little list of PCs etc on the LAN it can see connected. How do I do this on the Vigor 2760n? Mikey's Guides illustrate an interface that looks nothing like the menu system or screens this router is showing me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2014 17:39 #78918 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: view connected devices 2760n
perhaps you can check at
Network > LAN > Status
Diagnostics > ARP Cache Table > ARP Cache Table
&
Diagnostics > Data Flow Monitor > Data Flow Monitor ... where you can also block any device connected to your network if you wish
Is what you looking for?

• inge jones
  • Topic Author
More
02 Feb 2014 12:42 #78923 by inge jones
Replied by inge jones on topic Re: view connected devices 2760n
I don't have Network > LAN > Status Diagnostics > ARP Cache Table > ARP Cache Table at all in my menu system, I can only follow this path as far as Network > LAN, so I tried the next bit:

Diagnostics > Data Flow Monitor > Data Flow Monitor which I did have. But it only shows connections with some recent activity (my old modem used to list any it had ever known). Is there another mode I could be in which would show me more, as well as giving me the same menu system as the people trying to help me seem to be seeing? :D

This is really what is tripping me up all the time, not being able to follow any of the instructions due to coming to these menu dead-ends.

More
02 Feb 2014 14:19 #78926 by babis3g
hi ... its not connected all the menus together such Network > LAN > Status Diagnostics > ARP Cache Table > ARP Cache Table
but each line is a separate menu
-Network > LAN > Status
-Diagnostics > ARP Cache Table

also at "Network>Lan>Ethernet > IP DHCP Binding > press "select" and should show what devices was connected in the network but can not name them yet

all above are with 1.2.0.1 firmware ... can not

• inge jones
  • Topic Author
More
02 Feb 2014 15:22 #78930 by inge jones
Replied by inge jones on topic Re: view connected devices 2760n

babis3g wrote: hi ... its not connected all the menus together such Network > LAN > Status Diagnostics > ARP Cache Table > ARP Cache Table
but each line is a separate menu
-Network > LAN > Status
-Diagnostics > ARP Cache Table

also at "Network>Lan>Ethernet > IP DHCP Binding > press "select" and should show what devices was connected in the network but can not name them yet

all above are with 1.2.0.1 firmware ... can not

Thanks for helping me. I see the options now. I still kinda miss the Thomson way where it shows you the list of any device that has been connected to the LAN by the device mac address, and the IP if it's connected currently. Then you can give the devices nicknames. It's therefore easy to see at a glance if someone unauthorised has been accessing your WLAN etc. because you will have an entry without a nickname. No way of doing that here?

More
02 Feb 2014 15:30 #78931 by babis3g
with the other draytek models you can rename via bind ip to mac and is more easy
this one at the moment you can only see them (with mac) at lan and ip dhcp binding ... but can not rename them yet ... hope is coming soon because i have seen another user asking for it and also i would like to rename and has this option ...
but you can still block them if you find out which ip or mac has non authorized access

Moderators: Sami