DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2110n restarts repeatedly and won't reset

• mannschaftpag
  • Topic Author
More
02 Feb 2014 15:42 #78932 by mannschaftpag
I entered some PPPTP settings to my router this morning which looked fine (an IP and PPPTP credentials). The Vigor GUI suggested a reboot which I opted to do, however, the device never came back.

It now starts up with ACTN and WLAN LEDs green and fixed. After a few minutes WLAN switches off, ACTN flashes once and the router restarts again.

If I hold down reset and power up, then the ACTN and WLAN lights flash for a few minutes. During this time I can ping the router on 192.168.1.1 (having directly connected to it).
Using the 3.6.5 firmware utility I've tried flashing it with 3.6.3 firmware, but this just times out, with a suggestion about resetting the router.

I do have a config backup I took this morning before applying the PPTP change, but whilst the router is not responding, I'm not sure how to apply this.
The router is not responsive to telnet at all at any stage.

I've raised a ticket with Draytek, since its only a month old and was working fine until this morning when I booted it (post PPPTP setup) but wondered if anyone has any ideas for self fix?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2014 22:21 #78933 by babis3g
for the time outs make sure you 're trying the correct order
first have ready the utility tool
-get a cable to connect and not via wifi
-Turn off firewall at pc
-if you have changed the ip address range of the 2110 before the problem try set and the pc at that range (in other words make sure the ip range is the correct one)
-you will need the *rst* file in cases like this of total reflashing
-set the default password or if you have changed try with the old one

-Now turn off the modem (while the utility tool is stand by)
-press and hold the reset button(keep pressing)
-while keep pressing turn on the 2110 & then when switched on let the reset button
-now before the leds stops flashing fast at the 2110 press the send button at the tool & do not disturb till you get the message router is active now

if time out again check the ip range & password

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami