DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2850 & PC crashing/restarting together

More
24 Aug 2014 16:39 #1 by lesd
Since about a week ago my PC and the 2850 simultaneously restart typically once a day - sometimes once every other day - always in the middle of the night or early morning.

I do not understand why both should go at the same time [*], and which is causing the other to crash.

There are also two servers on the same network and neither is having any problems.

I did upgrade the firmware to 3.6.6.1_232201 at roughly the same but I am not certain whether this was before or after the problems.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I can't see how either unit crashing should cause the other to crash.

[*] The Windows event log reports 6:53:18 as the PC crash time with a restart time some 2 minutes later. In the 2850 syslog there is a gap from 00:01:23 till 6:53:18 when the log starts again.

I assume that the gap from 00:01 is due to lost logs which were stored in memory.

The timings seem to show that the PC crashed at exactly the time that the 2850 started logging again which seems rather strange as it implies that the 2850 crashed first and the PC only crashed when the router started working again.

Worth pointing out that I am normally logged in all the time to the 2850. I wonder if that is an issue. I have now closed it and we will see what happens.

Les

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami