Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2960 1.0.9 DHCP

• jumpit
  • Topic Author
More
10 Nov 2014 11:00 #81708 by jumpit
2960 1.0.9 DHCP was created by jumpit
Hi all,
Just a quick note of my experiences with 2960 and the latest firmware.

I have been using Draytek routers for many years and have found them, on the most part, to fast and stable..... then I got a 2960.

The 2960 originally came with 1.0.7.1, because of the OpenSSL security issues I thought it prudent to upgrade to 1.0.8.2, once upgrade I proceeded to setup the router.
All seemed OK but I could not get it to negotiate a tunnel with a Fortigate firewall. Scouring around I found that there was a new version in FTP 1.0.9, installed this and tunnels came up.

Now I have a different issue, I have several IP's that I bind out side the DHCP range for devices that provide services. The devices get the IP but cannot route through the 2960, pinging the routers public IP get no response. If I disable the DHCP and then re-enable it I am able to route, weird. A reboot will stop it working again.

Jury is still out on throughput as I have very few users as it is out of season but speedtest shows the bandwidth I have set although some users have said they have had time outs.

Note: address mapping has moved from NAT to ROUTE and is now called policy routing.

Hope this helps someone else.

If any one can help me that would be great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jumpit
  • Topic Author
More
08 Mar 2015 20:20 #82882 by jumpit
Replied by jumpit on topic Re: 2960 1.0.9 DHCP/session issues
Update (still using 1.0.9):
DHCP issue - if I set the gateway to Draytek IP in the dhcp setup instead of the layer 3 switch all seems OK butnow I have to put static routes in for the traffic controlled by the switch, not ideal but a work around.

Conclusion - if gateway is not set to IP of Draytek then you may experence routing issues.

New problem, we have a wifi gateway using a separate vlan and a spare IP from our 100Mb pipe so from the Drayteks point of view it is just one device with lots of connections. After a while users behind the wifi gateway will lose internet access but I can still access the gateway from the outside world. If I clear the session table users get access. I do not have any sessions limits set but the default (not enabled) is a 1000. I have just set this to 10000 but still not enabled to see if it makes a difference. I will keep you apprised.

The 2960 does not seem to have the portmaptime setting as previous routers, from looking round the system it using conntrack but there does not seem to be a way to adjust.

Again hope this helps someone else and if anyone has a solution (Draytek :-)) I would be grateful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami