DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Stable / Beta Firmwares

More
17 Dec 2014 10:29 #82123 by joners
Stable / Beta Firmwares was created by joners
Stable firmware.

There has been a very noticeable decline in the QA for new firmwares since the release of the 2830 and 2860. We were planning to replace our aging fleet of 2820's with 2860's however there is no way we could do this, the simplest functions of the device are just broken or buggy. Ive been through countless firmwares (betas and full releases) as well as shipping the units off for 'repair'. Im not talking about small bugs or annoyances, im talking about major issues with the basic functions, like the recent 2860 bug which kills all 2.4Ghz WiFi. Ive never had solid WiFi on the 2860 so have always had to use a separate AP.

My wish would be that Draytek offer 'stable' and genuine 'beta' builds of their firmwares available on their FTP site. A stable branch that doesnt have new features added just bug fixes.

Oh and some up to date documentation would be good to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2015 22:06 #83649 by legal
Replied by legal on topic Re: Stable / Beta Firmwares
Noticeably no reply on behalf of Draytek!

More
19 Jun 2015 16:03 #83680 by joners
Replied by joners on topic Re: Stable / Beta Firmwares

Legal wrote: Noticeably no reply on behalf of Draytek!

Yup, no reply. Ive been absent from this forum for a while, we have been busy evaluating replacing our Drayteks. In fact I came back to have a look at an issue that was presented back in the 3.6.8 firmware for the 2830. It looks like the same shoddy testing is taking place. I found that the 3.6.8.1 which was supposed to fix the bug in 3.6.8 introduced yet another show stopper which had to be fixed in 3.6.8.2 : /

If anyone is interested we have been running trials for the past 6 months on Mikrotik (super cheap, RB2011), Ubuquti (cheap, ERL), and Juniper (expensive, SRX110) kit. All three brands kit has performed amazingly well and i recommend that you have a look.

Moderators: ChrisSami