DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2925 firmware upgrade causing Postfix MX issues.

• pacarey
  • Topic Author
More
19 Dec 2014 12:03 #82143 by pacarey
Hi.

I have a Draytek 2925 which I upgraded the firmware to 3.7.6 - The problem is that my postfix email server has now stopped sending mail. All outbound mail is queued. Looking at the error logs shows that the mail server cannot lookup any MX server information it just says MX: Host not found. In fact using the linux dig command wont bring up any information at all. Yet, I can browse the web just fine and the DNS servers are reported properly on the Draytek.

I rolled the firmware back to 3.7.4.2 and everything works fine. The mail server operates as expected and dig will return MX searches.

Am I missing something, but what exactly has changed in the firmware 3.7.6 that would cause this MX issue? I've never experienced this before.

Can someone shed any information.

Cheers

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2014 19:49 #82145 by babis3g
Latest firmware 3.7.8 is here .. the *rst* file is recommended for upgrade but will set everything to factory defaults
http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_jumi&view=application&fileid=15&Itemid=583&lang=en
Not sure if will help with the email issue

More
19 Dec 2014 23:01 #82146 by macavity
Sounds like DNS? There are changes to DNS related to the WCF filter. Check the settings of two features. DNS Filter (CSM > DNS FIlter) and LAN DNS (Applications > LAN DNS)

These features can affect DNS even if the routers DNS isn't being used, which is pretty cool for CSM purposes and the problems with HTTPS but can have drastic impact with the wrong cfg. Perhaps something didn't map across during the upgrade from 3.7.4.2 > 3.7.6 with your specific cfg ?

More
19 Jan 2015 21:49 #82434 by derekbush
I've also got two Draytek 2925 with firmware 3.7.6 They are blocking SRV records and breaking Active Directory over a remote site VPN

More
20 Jan 2015 14:18 #82438 by babis3g
there is a new firmware 3.7.8.1 at taiwan with some fixes

More
20 Jan 2015 15:38 #82439 by derekbush
Thanks.
Yesterday that link was only showing the firmware I had and the 3.7.8.1 release notes say "Corrected: DNS query did not work for type other than A and AAAA. "
Will test as soon as I can.

Moderators: Sami