DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860 web admin fails

• slimjim
  • Topic Author
More
07 Jan 2015 19:08 #82265 by slimjim
2860 web admin fails was created by slimjim
I've recently installed a 2860 and it's all working fine except after maybe 5 to 10 days of use I'm unable to access the web admin page - it just shows a blank web page with a "can't connect to server" message. For the most part the router carries on functioning when this happens apart from it also stops file sharing to the USB drive that's connected.

I've installed a few of these routers before and haven't had any problems regarding the web admin. The only thing different with this particular one is that it has USB file sharing enabled. Any ideas of a fix gratefully received!

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2015 20:12 #82267 by adriandaz
Replied by adriandaz on topic Re: 2860 web admin fails
What firmware version are you running?

• slimjim
  • Topic Author
More
07 Jan 2015 20:20 #82268 by slimjim
Replied by slimjim on topic Re: 2860 web admin fails
Firmware is 3.7.4.3 so quite recent

The other 2860's I've installed will all be on older firmware and I've never had any problems with the web admin on them.

More
08 Jan 2015 18:06 #82280 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2860 web admin fails
Maybe browser issue or needs clear history & cache?
You can also check at System Maintenance >> Administrator Password Setup f is something in there

well when updated firmware did you used the *rst* file extension? (note *rst* will reset all setting back to factory defaults)
Alternative if is not much pain can use the latest firmware 3.7.8 and the *rst* file extension for a clean instal

• slimjim
  • Topic Author
More
09 Feb 2015 21:53 #82644 by slimjim
Replied by slimjim on topic Re: 2860 web admin fails
Just thought I'd post a follow-up to this as I tried many things in the course of diagnosing and hopefully it will help someone else out. In the end I removed the USB key and ever since then it has performed flawlessly. I don't honestly know why the USB key caused this but it was only used for a bit of file sharing and wasn't essential so I removed it. Just wish I tried it sooner!

Anyway it's nice to know that a problem is definitely resolved without resorting to the usual firmware updates/resets.

More
10 Feb 2015 00:31 #82645 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2860 web admin fails
Good is sorted ... perhaps you should also let know the support if they can fix it in the future (if is a bug issue)

Moderators: Sami