DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Error on GUI after upgrade to 2860 3.7.8 firmware

More
01 Feb 2015 14:21 #82538 by faris
Does that mean that using the reset button does a more complete reset than using the .RST firmware?

I've downgraded to 3.7.4.3 but I've lost a small chunk of sync speed and I'm getting the odd SIP registration problem. Not sure if the sync issue due to DLM following too many reboots (though this shouldn't happen when the reboots are mostly software reboots, with only one or two hardware reboots), or whether the modem firmware in 3.7.4.3 isn't ideal for my line.

Because I'm scared of DLM kicking in, I'm probably going to have to leave things be until a revised 3.7.8 comes out (or someone can tell me where to get a UK 3.7.4.5) unless the sip registration issues get out of hand. I'm geeky enough to enjoy trying different firmware, but I can't afford to be DLMed into the stone ages in terms of speed right now.

I'm afraid my 2860 has been the most troublesome router I've used for as long as I can remember. But of course I'm going to buy the AC+ version when it comes out anyway. Even annoying problems like this can't put me off Draytek kit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2015 23:17 #82544 by babis3g
Using the *rst* firmware will set everything back to factory defaults but is better for a clean instal avoiding conflicts & bugs from previous settings & new added features
I know most users prefer not to use the *rst* file because they have so many settings in their draytek units but at least (still not the best option because can cause issue with the latest features added) can use a backup

Losing some speed maybe due to different modem code is having the previous firmware

DLM will kick even in if the modem gets too many reboots so if you have a spare pc / laptop is better to upgrade there & set as well every setting at the spare device because some features (especially in the dsl section) needs hardware reboot
It also could be because of that modem code (of any firmware) not works good with your line so again DLM may kick

I also think a 2860 with AC is on the way

More
01 Feb 2015 23:54 #82547 by faris
Well, it was synching at 80000/20000 with 3.7.8. It wasn't until I went back to 3.7.4.3 that it started losing speed.

So I've done a full reset then upgraded again to 3.7.8 .RST and, well, DLM has got even worse. Now I'm Interleaved and my upstream is down from 20Megs to 4Megs. Downstream is 70 which isn't massively awful.

I've tried both modem codes. I'm currently on 567517_A which is what the readme recommends for VDSL.

GUI is working so far. I'm still seeing missing bits from the graphics at the top, but I was seeing that in 3.7.4.3 even after clearing the browser cache, so I don't think it is 3.7.8 related.

But I'm gutted about the DLM. I'm not bothered that it has kicked in - only that I have no way of knowing if it will ever kick out. I want my 80x20 back.

More
01 Mar 2015 20:46 #82803 by davereplicant
Replied by davereplicant on topic Re: Error on GUI after upgrade to 2860 3.7.8 firmware
Same here.
Tried upgrading my 2830n to 3.6.8sb as its a single band version one.

Gui couldn't load after it failed so I tried reloading alternatives and previous firmware using tpft mode and draytek tools. File transfers over but router doesn't reboot, when manually rebooted stuck in tftp mode.

Any ideas?

More
02 Mar 2015 06:41 #82804 by babis3g

faris wrote: Well, it was synching at 80000/20000 with 3.7.8. It wasn't until I went back to 3.7.4.3 that it started losing speed.

So I've done a full reset then upgraded again to 3.7.8 .RST and, well, DLM has got even worse. Now I'm Interleaved and my upstream is down from 20Megs to 4Megs. Downstream is 70 which isn't massively awful.

I've tried both modem codes. I'm currently on 567517_A which is what the readme recommends for VDSL.

GUI is working so far. I'm still seeing missing bits from the graphics at the top, but I was seeing that in 3.7.4.3 even after clearing the browser cache, so I don't think it is 3.7.8 related.

But I'm gutted about the DLM. I'm not bothered that it has kicked in - only that I have no way of knowing if it will ever kick out. I want my 80x20 back.

If you have done all this (i guess so many reboots took place) with the cable connected from the modem to the phone socket, well that is why ... am i correct?
It will take a while to bring up speeds until DLM "thinks" there is a stable line ... perhaps the faster way is to put back the OR modem for few days ... if is really bad the speed

More
02 Mar 2015 06:46 #82805 by babis3g

davereplicant wrote: Same here.
Tried upgrading my 2830n to 3.6.8sb as its a single band version one.

Gui couldn't load after it failed so I tried reloading alternatives and previous firmware using tpft mode and draytek tools. File transfers over but router doesn't reboot, when manually rebooted stuck in tftp mode.

Any ideas?

hmmm ... still at tftp ... what you can try is leave it alone flashing at tftp mode for few minutes ... and see after about 5-10 min if will return to normal mode

Moderators: Sami