DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Error on GUI after upgrade to 2860 3.7.8 firmware

More
24 Jan 2015 18:57 #82476 by bomereshrew
I have reverted back to 3.7.4.4 but now no Windows laptops cannot connect wirelessly they cannot see any available networks but both iPhones and iPad see & connect. This is really strange.
I had to go back to previous firmware because of the GUI issue & my VDSL connection was too slow and I was unable to complete/start an online speed test.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2015 14:02 #82480 by bomereshrew
Realised my WiFi problem was caused by 3.7.4.4 now using 3.7.4.5.

Not going back to 3.7.8 for now as I do not want the GUI issue along with really slow connection internet.

• cgre
  • Topic Author
More
25 Jan 2015 19:54 #82481 by cgre

BomereShrew wrote: Realised my WiFi problem was caused by 3.7.4.4 now using 3.7.4.5.

Not going back to 3.7.8 for now as I do not want the GUI issue along with really slow connection internet.

Sadly doesnt work for me, have tried going back to that version via the firmware upgrade util but I have the same issue, router works fine but I get the same error trying to get to the GUI. Have a ticket open with Draytek support as it looks like 3.7.8 has bricked my router...

More
31 Jan 2015 00:24 #82534 by faris
I'm seeing a slightly different issue to everybody else.

It looks like there may be an issue with the router's httpd server. Essentially, a few hours after a reboot, the GUI slows to an absolute crawl.
Even when it works correctly, just after a reboot, sometimes there are chunks missing from the graphics at the very top of the page.

I'm thinking of downgrading too...

EDIT: I take it back. Now it is slow just a few minutes after a reboot. Not good :-(

More
31 Jan 2015 00:44 #82535 by faris
Wah! Where can I get 3.7.4.5? I can see it on the TW site, but I assume we need the UK-centric version?

• cgre
  • Topic Author
More
01 Feb 2015 13:02 #82537 by cgre
Mine is working fine on 3.7.8 now, I had to go through the factory reset procedure and use the .RST firmware reset file. I lost all my config but the important thing is its working again. I've not experienced the slowdown on the GUI though, it is as responsive as it was on the last version I had.

Moderators: Sami