• nikstar101
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
23 Jan 2015 20:43 #82470 by nikstar101
2860 Firmware upgrade un-stealths ports was created by nikstar101
Hi everyone,

I have been using my 2860n for a while now and until yesterday it was on the firmware that it was manufactured with which i believe was 3.7.4.3 (maybe the one before). And when i tested it against GRC UpShields all the ports were stealthed (once i turned off remote management). So yesterday when i turned upgraded to the newest firmware 3.7.8 i re-ran the test. And now i am getting a number of ports showing up as closed, not stealth. But it seems to change, so one time I run it find that:

Ports found to be CLOSED were: 111, 135, 137, 138, 139, 445,

Then a little while later
Ports found to be CLOSED were: 53, 111, 135, 137, 138, 139,
445, 515

I really want to achieve all ports showing as stealth rather than closed. But what worries me more is that the ports seem to change from one to the other randomly. I have set the firewall to Block All incoming connections and the only other firewall filters are extensions (.exe etc). So that should not change anything.

What seems to be going on and how to I get back to all ports showing as stealth?

Cheers

Nick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2015 21:38 #82491 by adriandaz
Replied by adriandaz on topic Re: 2860 Firmware upgrade un-stealths ports
I have just tested this and all ports (except 443) are showing as stealth. I am using firmware 3.7.8

The SSL VPN service overrides all connections to 443 but you can change that port if you are using a single IP WAN and want to NAT port 443 to a network device.

Not sure why yours are showing as just closed though, my firewall setting are still as default.

Might be worth just resetting to defaults if you don't have many settings to change.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami