DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Mitel Teleworker on 2830

More
24 Jan 2015 09:54 #82473 by bhhjor
Mitel Teleworker on 2830 was created by bhhjor
Hi,

Looking for some advice. Recently changed ISP and got a 2830 as my new router. Previously we had Cisco so not familiar with all the terms.

Anyway, we have two remote sites each with a Teleworker phone connecting into out Mitel 330Cxi switch. Worked perfectly with the Cisco but now nothing. Been bounced between BT (support for mitel) and ISP ("It's not us, guv").

We found a way to get the Teleworker phones to work BUT it stopped incoming mail!

This is what we did -

in WAN, Internet Access, Details Page - WAN IP Alias. We noticed out ISP had all our 8 addresses in here. We removed them and left the default.

Now go into NAT, DMZ Host. There is Non, Assign True IP and Private IP. We chose Assign True IP and point to the Mitel Switch. Bingo! The teleworker phone start working. The Mitel (internal APC card) is now updated with the correct IP and the phones spring to life.

Customer very happy at the remote sites. So while we were patting ourselves on the back we did some more checks.

Noticed emails were going out but nothing back in. Repeated and same results.

So we went back to the WAN and added the alias for the Exchange Server. This removed the Assign true IP option from NAT DMZ Host Setup. BUT email works.

Any ideas?

Seriously thinking about reconfiguring the Cisco Box -despite my lack of knowledge. :?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2015 20:43 #82900 by readkab
Replied by readkab on topic Re: Mitel Teleworker on 2830
Hi, are you configuring the router at the remote sites or the site with the Teleworker server? What mode is the teleworker server working in? If it is LAN mode, then you need to open ports within the NAT options, to allow the correct traffic to flow to the teleworker server. Within the teleworker server there is an option to download Mitel's TNA tool, which helps to diagnose connection issues with teleworker servers. This will show you what ports on the router need to be opened.

More
25 Mar 2015 14:57 #83021 by bhhjor
Replied by bhhjor on topic Re: Mitel Teleworker on 2830
Hi,

The router is on the main site, connected to the Mitel 3300.

It's in LAN mode with open ports.

We used Load Balance for the specific IP (Our ISP has given us 7 static)

We tried the TNA but it just gives failed when trying connect test - which I suspect means there is a port issue??

We can phone from a mobile to the Direct number of the Teleworker - On the mobile you vcan hear the person at the other end but not vice versa.

I've been trying to read up on one-way traffic but not getting anywhere fast.

All help much appreciated

Moderators: Sami