DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860 v3.7.8 Issues

• gogomilo77
  • Topic Author
More
28 Jan 2015 11:57 #82505 by gogomilo77
2860 v3.7.8 Issues was created by gogomilo77
Has anyone had issues with the 3.7.8 firmware on a 2860? It appears that the config I had running on an earlier firmware version (3.7.4.5) was not compatible with 3.7.8. After upgrading the router (without resetting the config) it stayed in a continuous reboot cycle. I used the TFTP method and flashed using the reset config image. I then used a basic config but web pages would only partially load. I downgraded to the previous version and the issues disappeared.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2015 15:43 #82508 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: 2860 v3.7.8 Issues
I've got an issue with it... the data flow monitor doesn't monitor the traffic as it should nor does the traffic graph.
Was the same when I factory reset it and from restoring a backup

More
29 Jan 2015 20:24 #82527 by dances-with-pies
Replied by dances-with-pies on topic Re: 2860 v3.7.8 Issues
DHCP stops issuing addresses about once a day. Reboot fixes it.

More
31 Jan 2015 22:04 #82536 by adriandaz
Replied by adriandaz on topic Re: 2860 v3.7.8 Issues

sicon wrote: I've got an issue with it... the data flow monitor doesn't monitor the traffic as it should nor does the traffic graph.
Was the same when I factory reset it and from restoring a backup

Seems to be working ok for me, I am using ADSL. I can also confirm the data flow monitor works.

More
02 Feb 2015 09:07 #82550 by pelstob
Replied by pelstob on topic Re: 2860 v3.7.8 Issues
Mine upgraded without a reset and I've not seen any of the issues mentioned above. The only issue I have so far is the reversion to "sawtooth" ping responses.

Pre-upgrade ping graph: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/498e40e6e3d67bb7d97b69859d86a642-10-01-2015.html

Post-upgrade ping graph: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/06c091c1bbb2f169b611f10804bc9349-01-02-2015.html

This was okay in the previous couple of firmwares, but existed in the firmware that my 2860 was shipped with. It doesn't appear to affect the performance of the router and appears to be a purely visual thing, at least where external pings are concerned. The main annoyance is that it makes small fluctuations in ping difficult to spot due to the peaks from the "sawteeth".

More
05 Feb 2015 18:44 #82603 by destroyer
Replied by destroyer on topic Re: 2860 v3.7.8 Issues

pelstob wrote: This was okay in the previous couple of firmwares, but existed in the firmware that my 2860 was shipped with. It doesn't appear to affect the performance of the router and appears to be a purely visual thing, at least where external pings are concerned. The main annoyance is that it makes small fluctuations in ping difficult to spot due to the peaks from the "sawteeth".

I would beg to differ somewhat, that sawtooth effect is probably when the router CPU is spiking, and it is essentially causing a delay in its ability to do what it should be doing. Now fair enough ICMP is probably low priority in the OS anyway but something is going on in the software presumably which is unneccessary or inappropriate and it is distrupting normal operations. If you were playing an online game this could be manifested as very very minor lag jolts - indeed, minor, but it shouldn't really be occuring (especially as we know other firmwares do not suffer the problem..)

Moderators: Sami