Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor2830n Slow Virgin Cable Speed

• iamwill
  • Topic Author
More
29 Jan 2015 17:44 #82519 by iamwill
Vigor2830n Slow Virgin Cable Speed was created by iamwill
Hi

Strange issue with my internet speed. I've got a 152Mb (virgin media) cable which is working fine when plugged into a single computer, speediest.net is showing 130+Mb. When I plug it into my Vigor2830n (firmware 3.6.7.2_sb_232201) the speed drops to a consistent 6-7Mbps. Previously I've had it working fine for a couple of years with Virgin reaching full speed most of the time. It feels like a clue that it's only ever reaching 6-7Mbps down and 0.5Mbps up. I've tried most things including updating the firmware. This has gone on for a couple of months but I've been too busy or in denial..... Has anyone got any ideas??

Many thanks

Will

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2015 18:03 #82523 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor2830n Slow Virgin Cable Speed
When had VM was getting full 100mbps (package at time) with my 2830n
However the 2830n firewall's throughput is 90mbps

I would say to load the latest firmware & use the *rst* file extension ... if you did not use the *rst* file extension master reset the unit
-WAN >> General Setup > wan 1 Disable it (Enable: NO) it will stolen some cpu memory if both wans are on & also USB disable it
(so disable the other 2 wans)
Now at wan 2 set enable, always on & physical type: auto navigation
-WAN >> Internet Access>details page>
Set the correct MTU 1500 should be ok for cable, WAN Connection Detection always on
can try specify an ip address or obtain auto

The SH2 I think is better when is at modem mode to connect it at the lan near the usb (1 or 4 not remember)

If not works try
wan>general setup try a combination with full/half duplex
another cable from the lan of the SH2 to the incoming wan of the 2830
disable firewall
Disable DoS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami