DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2925VN Bridge mode, multiple public IP, VOIP

• bruun963
  • Topic Author
More
05 Feb 2015 14:01 #82585 by bruun963
Hope that someone can answer a couple of questions for me, never worked with Draytek in this kind of setup

The modem will be in bridge mode, this mode should support multiple public IPs (Correct me if i'm wrong)?

The VOICE vlan needs to be bridged to the switch. This can be done using the LAN VLAN setting right?
1. Enable the setting
2. Enter in the VLAN ID : 5
3. Select the port

I assume i have to setup a trunk between the Vigor modem and the Switch to allow the VOICE VLAN to "travel".
According to Draytek site : "When VLAN is being enabled on Vigor routers, the LAN ports are being turned into Trunk mode automatically" Does this apply to Cisco switches as well?

Setup :

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2015 15:44 #82587 by sicon
No you will need to change the port type on the switch as well using the switchport command

• bruun963
  • Topic Author
More
05 Feb 2015 16:00 #82589 by bruun963
Ok just set the port on the switch to trunking mode (Vigor supports dot1q) and that should be it? The rest of the configuration is supported and all 8 public IPs will go through WAN port 2 if the modem is in bridge mode?

More
05 Feb 2015 16:38 #82591 by sicon
you usually need to set the mode to voice on the VLAN interface for VOIP on the phones system switch

e.g switchport voice vlan 5

• bruun963
  • Topic Author
More
05 Feb 2015 18:47 #82604 by bruun963

sicon wrote: you usually need to set the mode to voice on the VLAN interface for VOIP on the phones system switch

e.g switchport voice vlan 5

Using auto-voice vlan and smartports, but the hosted VOIP provider uses a dedicated VLAN for voice and provisioning traffic so might need to enable multi-vlan on the WAN port as well?

More
06 Feb 2015 12:32 #82610 by sicon
I'm not sure you can do that on the WAN port

Moderators: Sami