DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 130 control panel through router.

• franvand98
  • Topic Author
More
05 Mar 2015 19:46 #82857 by franvand98
Replied by franvand98 on topic Re: Vigor 130 control panel through router.

babis3g wrote: Sorry i don't own the unit .. i have a vigor 120
Internet Access >> PPPoE / PPPoA should be username & pass at right window (ISP Access Setup)
If is not there to let you use it/modify ... then is locked to bridge mode and this method can not be done
Latest firmware is 3.7.8

When I get home I will look into this on the control panel and provide you with pictures, so is the vigor 130 locked to bridge mode only? Surely not?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2015 10:00 #82864 by admin
You cannot put the username/password into the VIGOR130..that would defeat the whole object
of it being a transparent bridge which is what it's intended for...it would then be a router, and to
interfacept data for the WUI would mean it's not 'transparent' which is what people require.
There is no way to get the Vigor 130 web interface when it's active... I recommend
leaving it alone and not obsessing... I really don't get why people worry about whether
their connection if 70 or 75Mb/s.... both are surely fast enough :-)

Forum Administrator

• franvand98
  • Topic Author
More
07 Mar 2015 13:53 #82867 by franvand98
Replied by franvand98 on topic Re: Vigor 130 control panel through router.

admin wrote: You cannot put the username/password into the router..that would defeat the whole object
of it being a transparent bridge

I do put the un/pw into the asus router because there is no where to input these credentials into the 130.

More
07 Mar 2015 18:35 #82876 by admin
Yes, of course.. Sorry...typo on my part..now corrected

Forum Administrator

More
11 Mar 2015 16:12 #82925 by briain
Replied by briain on topic Re: Vigor 130 control panel through router.

admin wrote: ...There is no way to get the Vigor 130 web interface when it's active... I recommend
leaving it alone and not obsessing... I really don't get why people worry about whether
their connection if 70 or 75Mb/s.... both are surely fast enough :-)

Hi

Here is a novel (and rather fun) way to gain access to the 120 (and thus I assume it would work with a 130) and indeed whilst it is active and connected to the ADSL:

I had a 120 set up with a transparent wireless bridge (using two Ubiquiti AirGateway units) between my 2830Vn's WAN 2 port and the Vigor 120. I left the Vigor 120 on its default (192.168.2.1) and set the wireless bridge 'WAP end' as 192.168.2.2 and the bridge's 'station end' to 192.168.2.3 with my Draytek's WAN set to 192.168.2.4. To look at its settings (and thus see connection speeds, etc), I could simply associate my wireless laptop to that WLAN (and the 120's DHCP server gave my laptop its network settings, eg 192.168.2.10) then access the 120 on 192.268.2.1; all the settings were thus visible (and editable, of course).

Interestingly, I could look at one end (of the bridge) set up and statistics page, but when attempting to look at the other end's set up and statistics page, it crashed the wireless link (and caused the WAP end to reboot). To overcome that (e.g. to change bridge settings), I simply used a router in place of the 120, but on reflection, I likely could just have disconnected the ADSL to remove traffic from it.

The above was quite a cool set up as it provided an electrical isolation between the PSTN cable and my Draytek's WAN port. This is useful as it prevents damage where a lightning ground strike raises the potential on the PSTN cable with respect to the mains wiring (or vice versa) thus destroying anything connected to both cables (eg my Draytek router and whatever is connected to it)!

In use, the Draytek sent the ADSL connection credentials to the 120 (over the bridge; it really was transparent to functionality) and it all worked flawlessly.

Bri

PS I have just removed the 120 as for other reasons, I now require a second NAT and thus am now just using an old Sky router on for the ADSL connection, and I have its [LAN side] wireless section talking to the existing station end of that same bridge (i.e. still a Ubiquiti AirGateway unit). Note that these AirGateways can be used as bridges to some wireless routers, but not all (they don't work to Draytek wireless routers; they briefly associate to the WAP, and then they immediately drop).

Moderators: Sami