DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VirginMedia SuperHub2 - WAN IP Forwarding

• derek g
  • Topic Author
More
15 Mar 2015 19:58 #82970 by derek g
For over 18 months now I have had a Vigor 2850Vn running successfully with BT Infinity2 on WAN1 and a Virgin Media SuperHub2 on WAN2. A few times a year the Virgin service would drop out because the Gateway IP was not being forwarded through the modem to the Vigor. Rebooting the Draytek and Virgin kit seemed to make no difference to restoring the cable service on WAN2. Connecting a standalone laptop directly to the SuperHub (by cat5 cable) gave an instant internet connection so presumably the laptop can see the gateway IP, whereas the Vigor can't. Switching the SuperHub2 back to Router Mode, power cycle it and switching back to Modem Mode again seemed to restore service to the Vigor's WAN2. A factory settings reset on the SuperHub also restored the WAN2 service.

My question to the forum is; can there be a WAN2 setting on the Vigor that influences the successful forwarding of the gateway IP from Virgin, through their modem. What was a few times a year problem is now a permanent one as switching between Router and Modem Mode has no effect at all. Maybe Virgin have dynamically upgraded the SuperHub firmware or made a change to their WAN side servers? To get any WAN2 service at all, I'm having to permanently run the SuperHub in Router Mode - not ideal having nested routers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2015 01:19 #82972 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: VirginMedia SuperHub2 - WAN IP Forwarding
Long time had Vm but from what i rememner

what i did with my 2850 is to set wan2>general setup static ip & not obtain ip automatic
i am not remember is been long time ... i think if i power cycle both will find automatic all ip & gateway at static ip

if not works set to obtain ip automatic & once it find it ... then change it to static ... it then should detect automatic

another option is to try direct static ... find your eternal ip from whatismyip.com and just add this manually & the draytek should find it ... i am sure have tried this many times

Other option is to use the settings you had before and try tick the clone mac address (wan2>general setup)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami