DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Very easy FTTC migration with 2860 today

• Andrew
  • Topic Author
More
23 Mar 2015 16:10 #83005 by Andrew
My PlusNet ADSL was upgraded to FTTC today. I'd preconfigured the router and sat eagerly watching the status page. The ADSL dropped out and a few minutes later was re-established as a VDSL connection. Great stuff. Download has gone from 7.5Mbps to 80Mbps, upload from 0.4 to 20Mbps. I had upgraded to the VDSL firmware the previous evening. All together a very simple change. I've even retained my PlusNet static IP address.

Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Mar 2015 13:51 #83017 by tobythetenor
Replied by tobythetenor on topic Re: Very easy FTTC migration with 2860 today
Be wary of drop-outs.
For me, only the STD firmware is stable, neither of the VECTOR ones will hold on to the line linger than 30min.
The danger with that is that the DLM will reduce your speed, until you're back to ADSL speeds if you're not careful.
(Mine dropped from 80/20 sync to 35/12 sync, luckily back up now).

I'm lucky that I'm with Xilo broadband, so they had it all sorted within an hour once I loaded the STD firmware.

More
28 Mar 2015 13:59 #83039 by galaxynik
Replied by galaxynik on topic Re: Very easy FTTC migration with 2860 today
+1 with the vector I could rarely get more than 12 hours at a time but standard goes for week at least only downside is that diagnostics are very limited

More
29 Mar 2015 17:47 #83044 by toekneem
Replied by toekneem on topic Re: Very easy FTTC migration with 2860 today
Using Vector 2 firmware here on BT Infinity with a system uptime of 532 hours and a WAN uptime of 497 hours. Vector one drops too often for me but Standard is Okay.

Moderators: Sami