Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Landing Page

• nayres
  • Topic Author
More
25 Mar 2015 14:37 #83020 by nayres
Landing Page was created by nayres
Hi, Im wondering if this is possible.

I have a 2860n+ with 5 ap-900's that are going to be installed into a hotel.

The client now wants to be able to forward the guests to a webpage when they 1st access the wifi.

I know its possible with the user management, but im wondering if something can be put in place so guests dont have to log in?

Thanks Very much.

Nathan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2015 19:09 #83260 by gtpc_ltd
Replied by gtpc_ltd on topic Re: Landing Page
Hi,

I would also like to know if this is possible.

Simon.

More
26 Apr 2015 07:41 #83269 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Landing Page
You could always put the username and password on the landing page
so it's easily visible...but in a hotel, it's a good idea to require
some intervention to show they have seen the T&Cs.

Forum Administrator

More
07 May 2015 10:00 #83369 by akwe-xavante
Replied by akwe-xavante on topic Re: Landing Page
How does this landing page work please.

There are a number of choices to select:

Mode which can be either User or Rule based

Web Auth which can be HTTP or HTTPS

Then you can add some html code.

I have a Holiday home and Ideally I'm wanting to ask people using the cottage WiFi to accept some simple T&c's before they click a button to get say google, the cottage website or their own default homepage.

Can I assume that the landing page only applies to WiFi?

I have an IP HD CCTV system hard wired in along with 2 TV's hardwired into the router, will these be effected at all?

I don't want them to have to enter a UserName or PassWord. Just a tick in a box to say they accept the T&Cs (Ticking the box gives them an active button(s) to click) I could explore the use of cookies so that a person only has to do this once only and the first time they use WiFI.

Is this Possible, some guidance please.

More
20 May 2015 14:38 #83440 by gtpc_ltd

More
20 May 2015 17:20 #83442 by akwe-xavante
Replied by akwe-xavante on topic Re: Landing Page
Thank you for the reply, looks good but not quite what I had in mind though I'm afraid.

What is very good about exploring this idea is that I'm now aware that I can offer Guests isolated wireless internet access so that they are isolated from other local resources VPN Tunnel and security cameras.

Asking Guests (Holiday Makers in this case) to firstly find the wireless network then enter a security key, then expect them to enter a further UserName and PassWord to get internet access before a landing page is displayed seems daft to me in my scenario.

unless of course thinking about it in a small business or corporate workplace you initially give people local access only but then restricting internet access to specific people or vice versa presumably as required then controlling these people to a remote or local web server. This is all making sense now but this isn't what I'm trying to achieve I'm afraid.

I was hoping that they would first have to find the wireless network, enter the security key then get a landing page without having to enter additional login information. I was hoping to create a landing page containing T&C's, a tick in a box to enable an "I Agree" button that once clicked would then direct them to their browsers default homepage.

This would be very useful to Hotels, Guest Houses, Holiday Cottages (Accommodation), Caravan Parks, Larger Holiday Complexes etc etc.

Example: Guests can get connected to the establishments WiFi network with the security key given to them at the reception desk, when successfully connected to the WiFi the person is displayed a set of T&C's to read, once read they place a tick in a box to enable an "I Agree" button. The users browser is then allowed access to the browsers default homepage.

This is what I'm hoping to achieve, is this possible to achieve please and how?

Moderators: ChrisSami