DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2860n G.INP

• florenceanne
  • Topic Author
More
26 Mar 2015 21:13 #83031 by florenceanne
Vigor 2860n G.INP was created by florenceanne
I moved to this router after BT's modem seemed to slow my speeds every few months, when I first signed up to FTTC I synced at 79Mbps using the modem on draytek. After 12 months I had speeds of below 10Mbps even on BT login details it was after a fight confirmed I was on a hot VP. When they fixed this my sync was down to 69Mbps. History repeats itself few months later very slow speeds repeat but this time my sync ended up at 59Mbps. I had enough of BT's modem and splashed out on the draytek 2860n when connected for first time my sync shot up back to 69Mbps with pings around 9 to12 on game servers I use.

BT have now enabled G.INP – ITU G.998.4 on my cabinet sync speed has dropped but pings have shot up to between 25 to 40 on the same game servers. Does my draytek have any settings I need to use to get the pings improved again?

VDSL2 Firmware Version: 548006_A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2015 14:03 #83033 by adriandaz
Replied by adriandaz on topic Re: Vigor 2860n G.INP
Can you run this command in a telnet session or a terminal session from the web browser:

vdsl optn status

In the list out output you should see a value for RETX, is it set to on?

• florenceanne
  • Topic Author
More
27 Mar 2015 14:31 #83034 by florenceanne
Replied by florenceanne on topic Re: Vigor 2860n G.INP
Telnet in gives me

> vdsl optn status
trellis [US] = ON, [DS] = ON.
bitswap [US] = 0, [DS] = 0.
[0: default(ON), 1: ON, 2: OFF]
sra [US] = 0, [DS] = 0.
[0: default, 1: MANUAL, 2: AT_INIT, 3: DYNAMIC , 4: DYNAMIC_SOS]
retx [US] = ---, [DS] = ON.
aelem ON
>

More
27 Mar 2015 17:12 #83035 by adriandaz
Replied by adriandaz on topic Re: Vigor 2860n G.INP
Hi, technically that should be OK then, are you sure your profile has not been switched to interleave? If you run vdsl status you will be able to see the interleave depth.

If it is not interleaved it could be the router not understanding the implementation of INP, might be worth testing the latency with RETX off:

vdsl optn retx DS 0

You will probably need to resync the line for it to take effect, with vdsl restart

More
28 Mar 2015 15:48 #83040 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor 2860n G.INP
for the connection must be the modem code, try another one (wan>general setup>dsl modem code) only 2 for now

about the ping issue maybe is not from the draytek ... in the article mentioned some isp notice increase
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2015/03/latency-rise-as-bt-deploy-physical-retransmission-for-fttc-broadband.html

But at least one ISP has noticed that this is also increasing latency times by around 15ms (miliseconds) on some lines.

• florenceanne
  • Topic Author
More
28 Mar 2015 19:59 #83042 by florenceanne
Replied by florenceanne on topic Re: Vigor 2860n G.INP
Yes read that article hence why I was asking about he router would hate to spend all this in mny own router then have to go back to BT's modem. My sync is higher with the dratek but almost that is due to BT controlling the modem. Hence why I bought this one to remove the control BT had to change things modem side. At first my latency on this modem was low but BT have completed work on my exchange upgraded adn I am told that G_inp is on and error control is off.

Same server, same router double latency...

Moderators: ChrisSami