DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2860n G.INP

More
30 Apr 2015 16:08 #83320 by toekneem
Replied by toekneem on topic Re: Vigor 2860n G.INP

admin wrote:

toekneem wrote: Is there a way to tell if G.INP is enabled on a FTTC line using a draytek 2860

Yes.
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-dsl-ginp

Thank you to both admin and babis3g.
Telnet shows that G.INP is enabled on my line with (1 on downstream). Might try the G.INP /Vectoring beta firmware at the weekend to see if there is any benefit to me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2015 12:24 #83330 by coenraad
Replied by coenraad on topic Re: Vigor 2860n G.INP
I am running a Draytek 2860n router (Annex A) and have a connectivity / performance issue when using firmware older than Version 3.7.4.3.

Just over 1 month ago, I noticed a re-synch on my FTTC circuit resulting in almost a 20 MB loss in sync rate and a significant increase in latency running f/w: 3.7.4.3, modem code : 548006.

I have done testing of various combinations of firmware, with unsatisfactory results.

I have tried the following:

- f/w: 3.7.8 with modem code 567517 (UK Website)
- f/w: 3.7.8 with modem code 566207 (UK Website)
- f/w: G.INP / Vectoring BETA firmware (R48494) (UK Website)
- f/w: 3.7.8.1 with modem code 567517 / VECTOR 1 (ftp.draytek.com)
- f/w: 3.7.8 with modem code 566207 / VECTOR 1 (ftp.draytek.com)
- f/w: 3.7.8.1 with modem code 571a17 / VECTOR 2 (ftp.draytek.com)
- f/w: 3.7.8.1 with modem code 572d07 / VECTOR 2 (ftp.draytek.com)

When looking at the line statistics, it seems G.INP is active on my line on my down stream with [ReTxEnable] set to 1.

Other statistics:

DSLAM CHIPSET VENDOR : < BDCM >
US / DS Path Mode: Interleave
DS Interleave Depth: 1
US Interleave Depth : 235

I also noticed that the [DS Path Mode] changed to FAST when using the G.INP (BETA) firmware with an [Interleave Depth] of 1 (for both up/down), with [ReTxEnable] set to 1 (for both up/down).

Test results:
1. Sync rate recovers (although not holding a stable connection with frequent resync of the circuit and even an unexpected reboot of the router with G.INP BETA f/w)
2. Latency drops (lower ping with limited to no packed loss)
3. HTTP traffic is erratic (browser both faster with frequent stalls, not functional)
4. POP3 protocol fails, STMP seems to work
5. Vodafone Sure Signal (Alcatel Lucent 9361 Femto Cell) NO LONGER establishing an outbound VPN link remote host.
6. Some delays in establishing other outbound VPN services

I believe that I'm connected to a Huawei cabinet (Broadcom based DSLAM), with a service provided by a BT Wholesale (BT Openreach) reseller.

My ISP has recommended that I find MORE compatible firmware OR to replace my Draytek 2860n with a router which will work with the BT Wholesale implementation of G.INP (and possibly Vectoring), not something I want to do as my Draytek 2860 was every expensive when purchased 18 months ago.

F/w: 3.7.8.1 with modem code: 548006_A/B/C seems stable, although at a significantly reduced SYNC rate with high latency (probably applied by DLM due resets).

The G.INP deployment by BT UK seems to be attracting some negative press. I suspect that this will affect many users with vdsl devices which run firmware, not fully compatible with the new features BT are deploying across their network.

I'd greatly appreciate feedback on similar experiences along with any suggestions / recommendation you may have ?

Thanks.

More
01 May 2015 13:24 #83332 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor 2860n G.INP
For Broadcom, users reporting vector 2 modem code 570e01 is good
see this thread
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=20105&hilit=g+inp

More
01 May 2015 15:10 #83336 by coenraad
Thanks babis3g.

I've just downloaded "newly" posted revisions of the Draytek 2860n firmware from the UK site which seems to contain the same as found on the global FTP site. A test of the UK updates (with / without vectoring, using all the available modem codes) have provided the same result as before - an increase in sync, a reduction in latency along with a failure in protocol - something lost in translation(?) i.e. POP3 not working, SMTP seems fine, Vodafone Sure Signal connectivity FAILS (IPSEC VPN failing to establish connection) and WWW browsing erratic (browsing the global Draytek site time times our when using the other firmware.

Lost for answer really as some of the newer Draytek firmware (3.7.8 and beyond with G.INP support) suggest that G.INP is active on my line - so why the bizarre behaviour?

I do hope that Draytek have a "fix" ?

Until then I'll have to be satisfied with the reduction in sync (modem code : 548006), a significant increase in latency while I await the BT DLM to remove the Interleaving being applied to the line as a result of the resets, could be sometime before I see impreovement.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :roll: :roll: :roll:

More
01 May 2015 18:17 #83342 by coenraad
Connecting a Huawei Echo Life HG612 (with the correct firmware which supports G.INP) in front of my Draytek 2860n (then using WAN 2) seems to work, highlighting the (potential) incompatibility between the more recent Draytek 2860 firmware and my local BT exchange (and implementation of G.INP).

Moderators: ChrisSami