DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Issues with PS4 Setup and Vigor 2925

• russ_draytek_user
  • Topic Author
More
07 Apr 2015 21:25 #83091 by russ_draytek_user
Issues with PS4 Setup and Vigor 2925 was created by russ_draytek_user
I have just purchased a new Vigor 2925 on the recommendation of a friend. The 2925 is plugged into an BT ADSL box.

I have managed to set up the 2925 so that everything works apart from my kids can not get destiny to work correctly. The PS4 connects out to the network and everything works until it tries to connect to the games server and gives me "An error occurred during communication with the server".

I have tried to Open the ports associated with the IP address (static) for the PS4 still to no avail.

I know it is the 2925 causing the issue because if I bypass it straight to the BT router the PS4 and destiny work fine. I tired upgrading to the latest firmware 3.7.8.1 but still nothing.

I am at a loss.

Not knowing this product very well and still learning about VLANs etc... I am sure I have missed something obvious in the set up.

any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2015 21:51 #83092 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Issues with PS4 Setup and Vigor 2925
Try update the firmware for the PS4
Perhaps while using the 2925 try sign in again at your PS account ... sometimes the message you have mentioned from the PS, is due to sign in issues

At the 2925 try enable upnp

• russ_draytek_user
  • Topic Author
More
08 Apr 2015 07:46 #83094 by russ_draytek_user
Replied by russ_draytek_user on topic Re: Issues with PS4 Setup and Vigor 2925

babis3g wrote: Try update the firmware for the PS4
Perhaps while using the 2925 try sign in again at your PS account ... sometimes the message you have mentioned from the PS, is due to sign in issues

At the 2925 try enable upnp

Thanks for the reply. I have tried everything from the PS4 end (thinking that was the initial problem) including updating the firmware and re-installing the game and logging in to the account. The PS4 does work if I take the 2925 out of the loop so leads me to believe the issue s there.

I have switched on the UPnP service and enabled the UPnP connection control service but that did not help for WAN1 (my only WAN)

More
08 Apr 2015 09:04 #83099 by babis3g
at System Maintenance >> Management > enable respond to external device
if this not work maybe at Firewall >> General Setup> enable > Accept large incoming fragmented UDP or ICMP packets (used in some games and streaming)
Try disable DoS if make a change
If this not helps go at SSL VPN >> General Setup and set the port to example 9443

Then perhaps try this (should be same settings at both cos menus are the same)
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Draytek/Vigor2910/PS4.htm
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Draytek/Vigor_2930n/PS4.htm

• russ_draytek_user
  • Topic Author
More
09 Apr 2015 08:11 #83115 by russ_draytek_user
Replied by russ_draytek_user on topic Re: Issues with PS4 Setup and Vigor 2925
Still no joy with Destiny same old message about losing connectivity to Destiny Servers.

Interestingly Call of Duty works fine so I do not think it is a general PS4 set up issue something specific to what Destiny requires.

There were a couple of things I did not do from the last post.

I could not set the port 80 and 443 redirect as they clash with the management console set up (apparently). I assume these are working just fine as they are standard ports.

Also I was not sure what this part meant

"If this not helps go at SSL VPN >> General Setup and set the port to example 9443"

The current SSL port is 443 I assume this is correct.

Again thanks for you help

More
09 Apr 2015 11:21 #83119 by babis3g
sorry .. it may be an issue with the firmware ... try the support, they reply fast :)
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/techquery
They may have a newer beta by now

Moderators: Sami