DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2860n Inter-LAN Routing

More
17 Apr 2015 12:55 #83207 by grm
Replied by grm on topic Re: Vigor 2860n Inter-LAN Routing

Voodle wrote: Check the load balance / route policies? If it's one of the firmware versions with metrics then that shouldn't have any problem unless the metric is set to a really low value, but if it's one that doesn't have metrics on there, I think updating to 3.7.8 could help - without the metrics, policy route entries over-ride the routing table, that's the only thing other than the firewall that could break routing like that I think.

Hi Voodle

Just thought I would let you know the outcome of what you suggested. I tried what you had said and I am already on the latest firmware and so have the rate limiting you spoke of in your post. I didnt have any existing routing / load balancing in place and so i set up some routes to see if this would make any difference. To my dismay it didn't; having spent probably 30+ hours on investigating this unusual issue I opted for the easy way out and used another subnet / VLAN; as i mentioned it is only the 192.168.2.0. Subnet that wasnt allowing me to do what I wanted; by bypassing this everything works as i had it working prior to purchasing the Draytek 2860n. The Draytek support team think I have the elusive IP Range / address somewhere on the network however I have looked everywhere I can to detect this and have found nothing. The more annoying factor is that I now have a standard point to point piece of hardware uusing that IP address now (i.e. 192.168.2.2) and it works like a charm.

So in the end i wimped out of continuing to investigate this issue. Many thanks for the advice and suggestion though as this was greatly appreciated.

Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2015 16:02 #83212 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Vigor 2860n Inter-LAN Routing
That's very odd, maybe see if they can test your router's config file?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami