DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

G.INP - Vigor 2860

More
13 Apr 2015 22:55 #83156 by admin
G.INP - Vigor 2860 was created by admin
The Vigor 2860 apparently does 'unofficially' support G.INP (G998.4), as long as you are using
the VDSL beta firmware for G.INP. If you have a clean/quiet line you won't see any advantage though.

Forum Administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2015 07:18 #83183 by g6crv
Replied by g6crv on topic Re: G.INP - Vigor 2860
Many thanks for that info, I was about to ask that very question as I am being upgraded to FTTC today.
I have just upgraded to the VDSL firmware so it should work :)

Dave

More
14 May 2015 14:08 #83409 by coenraad
Replied by coenraad on topic Re: G.INP - Vigor 2860
I logged a case with Draytek UK almost 2 weeks ago re: this device and G.INP. A case was logged and an engineer assigned. I have provided router logs, details on configuration, also asking for some advice and guidance on the use of firmware to accommodate G.INP, along with a few other issues.I have also provided feedback on issues experienced using various versions of Draytek 2860 firmware, I've even tried the recently published BETA firmware for the 2860.

I have received NO response from the Draytek UK team as yet.

I would have thought that Draytek would welcome customer feedback / interact with customers re: issues (G.INP, Vectoring) which will affect many Draytek 2860 owners in the UK in the future ?

Draytek UK's competitors (in this segment of the market) seem very approachable, even available to talk to by phone (beyond the sales teams) and are willing to provide advice to a "prospective customer".

Customer Service and support has become even more important ...

It does make me wonder whether it's time to reconsider another, established and well supported brand ?

I would welcome any suggestions.

- "Patience is a (clearly) a virtue" -

:roll: :roll: :roll:

More
14 May 2015 15:24 #83411 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: G.INP - Vigor 2860

I logged a case with Draytek UK almost 2 weeks ago re: this device and G.INP.
I have received NO response from the Draytek UK team as yet.

No response at all? Really ???

Email to info @draytek.co.uk and ask for it to be re-sent - tell them that you have have received no response at all
and check any spam folders etc.

I have used the latest f/w "3.7.8.2 RC6" and definitely seen G.INP working but it may depend on your line.

Forum Administrator

More
15 May 2015 12:55 #83419 by coenraad
Replied by coenraad on topic Re: G.INP - Vigor 2860
I've now been in touch with Draytek UK team and my case is in hand.

Probably being a bit impatient. :oops:

I've now also now tried f/w 3.7.8.2 RC6 to help deal with G.INP which seems to be active on my line (Huawei cabinet with Broadcom).

The updated (Beta) firmware seems more stable when compared to the earlier release. Line stats seems to have improved a little bit as well with less CRCs - stability of most importance.

Unfortunately I'll need to go back to non-Vectoring firmware for now (3.7.8.1 548006) as my Vodafone Sure Signal (3G FEMTO) does not seem to want to authenticate when using versions of firmware which support G.INP / Vectoring. Highly dependant on the Vodafone FEMTO.

This hopefully something that Draytek can help resolve during the development and testing of a upcoming release.

More
15 May 2015 13:17 #83420 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: G.INP - Vigor 2860
Not sure why G.INP would affect the Vodafone box...there must be some other
change causing that... send them as much info as you can though.

Forum Administrator

Moderators: ChrisSami