Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2760n

• piermaster
  • Topic Author
More
18 Apr 2015 14:07 #83217 by piermaster
Vigor 2760n was created by piermaster
Hi all,

Just bought the 2760n router and need to use it as a cable router, i can get the internet up and running using the lead from port 4 on the back of the router to the lan port on an 4 way switch in my office but when i move the 2760 to another office which is using a 3com network box i get no internet access. When you log on to the router it says that port 4 is connected (in green) but no internet. The old netgear router works fine using all the same cabling as the 2760, can someone help me?
I presume there must be some setting on it i need to change?
Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2015 19:34 #83220 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor 2760n
If you are using wan 2 (wan > general setup > wan 2 > enable) the Lan 4 it change automatically to incoming wan so will not be for use any longer as normal Lan port

• piermaster
  • Topic Author
More
19 Apr 2015 16:22 #83225 by piermaster
Replied by piermaster on topic Re: Vigor 2760n

babis3g wrote: If you are using wan 2 (wan > general setup > wan 2 > enable) the Lan 4 it change automatically to incoming wan so will not be for use any longer as normal Lan port

Thanks for the reply but i have the router set up that way and i realise that port 4 is incoming wan, its just that the other end of the lead is from a lan port on my network.

More
20 Apr 2015 09:50 #83226 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Vigor 2760n
Does the Online Status show an IP address for WAN2? If so, is it the same as the IP range used by the LAN network of the 2760?
If it is, you'll need to change the IP range that the 2760 is using.

Moderators: Sami