Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Advice on the 2860ac

• calranthe
  • Topic Author
More
21 Apr 2015 15:01 #83240 by calranthe
Advice on the 2860ac was created by calranthe
Hello,
since 2009 I have been using a Draytek 2820n which apart from a few firmware teething troubles has worked perfectly until last week when it finally died, and I am looking for an ADSL/VDSL replacement, we are still stuck on ADSL2+ but our exchange has gone live just not the local cabinet.

I got hold of a Vigor 130 which we hooked into our Asus RT-N66U but the 130 seems very unstable a lot of line drops and disconnects. (have a support ticket in).

So I am looking into the 2860ac which would replace both of the above does anyone have any experience with it ? or Advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2015 19:23 #83242 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Advice on the 2860ac
As far i know the normal 2860n/n + (dual band), has the same xdsl driver chipset as the vigor 130 & i m sure the new AC is the same in this case (ask the support once you have opened a ticket) ...
So Personal opinion ... unless you want to have all in one unit ... with AC wifi plus easier to handle all in one & so many rich settings , can see the line stats as well, less cables & set ups ... it may not benefit better your dsl line

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami