DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820n internal internet connection

• chris-inspec
  • Topic Author
More
24 Apr 2015 12:09 #83256 by chris-inspec
2820n internal internet connection was created by chris-inspec
We have a 2820n on our system and we are currently using just the DSL connection for the internet.

We are in the process of setting up a wireless bridge to one of our other sites down the road, this bridge will be on the LAN side of the router. Is there a way of configuring the 2820n to use the 'internal' wireless bridge as an internet connection?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2015 13:45 #83257 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2820n internal internet connection
Yes; you set up a 'static route' on the Vigor, however, why do you want to do this rather than
your devices talk directly to your wireless link ?

Forum Administrator

• chris-inspec
  • Topic Author
More
24 Apr 2015 13:59 #83258 by chris-inspec
Replied by chris-inspec on topic Re: 2820n internal internet connection
Where we are we only have one option for internet access and that is through an ADSL connection. No fibre connections here.

We have another site just down the road from us, they have their own internet connection (again ADSL only, no fibre). We want to connect the two LANS together so that site 2 can use the servers on site 1 without a VPN etc. I was just curious if I could set the 2820 on site 1 to failover to the 2820 in site 2 for internet access via the wifi link that is on the LAN side of both routers.

I know it's an unconventional way, but it's also a cheap way to get redundancy on the internet connections as we cannot afford a leased line. and our ADSL only has 1.4mb upstream which isn't good enough for a VPN between the two sites.

Moderators: ChrisSami