DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2830-2920 firmware 3.6.8.1 DON'T USE

More
28 Apr 2015 15:31 #83284 by fchef
I learned it by linkedin where we are advised not to use the latest version which is still available on their website but to wait for new one!!
This version will block your access with a message that you have exceeded your sessions even though you have no sessions configured.

I am currently waiting for a beta firmware that will fix the bug that v 3.6.8.1 introduced, which was developed to fix a bug that v.3.6.8 had introduced!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2015 23:07 #83292 by babis3g
The 3.6.8.1 has not been released yet in UK for none of the above models
But is good point :) in the case someone will try give a go

By the way, I think other units must be affected as well

EDIT
When updated my 2760 with 3.7.8.1 it crashed & had to use the restoration tool ... perhaps in this case was just luck
But now during boot only, it will flash the leds orange for 1-2 seconds only and then they return back to green
Before it wasn't doing this, strange

And yes i have a UK unit flashed with the one from main Taiwan, but i don't think this is the case

More
30 Apr 2015 02:49 #83310 by babis3g
Dear DrayTek FYI
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=20160&p=83309#p83309

More
26 May 2015 10:20 #83481 by octoinkjet
Replied by octoinkjet on topic Re: Vigor 2830-2920 firmware 3.6.8.1 DON'T USE
Sadly 3.6.8.2 is not much better.

I upgraded to try and resolve issues with a 4G dongle before realising that I'd been sent the wrong unit (L800 instead of a 382) but since reverting to my original 3G dongle I've noticed a number of problems.

- Ping to Detect for WAN on the 3G no longer works
EDIT: Downgrade to 3.6.8 has resolved this issue

- Setting a secondary WAN port as backup is not working. It is connecting regardless of the status of the primary (in this case the 3G dongle)
EDIT: This may have been due to a setting change for Backup. Seems the Backup Type may have been altered at some point so it was seeing no connection on WAN2 (nothing on it) and connecting as per the settings (not my assumptions)

There's probably more issues in there but it seems downgrading the firmware is the only way to go for now.

EDIT: and it seems the forums have disabled bbcode on these forums as well which makes something of a mess of the post if you're used to using it.

More
28 May 2015 12:50 #83486 by adriandaz
Replied by adriandaz on topic Re: Vigor 2830-2920 firmware 3.6.8.1 DON'T USE
I'm expecting a 4G dongle and SIM to arrive within the next week so I will give this a go. Currently using 3.6.8.2 with ADSL2+

More
01 Jun 2015 12:06 #83510 by phyber
Reported this in a beta I've been running since 31st March 2015. Spoke to support rep about it extensively. Amazing that they released a new firmware with this bug.

Moderators: ChrisSami