DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 120 Ethernet Connection 10BaseT

• dgoadby
  • Topic Author
More
28 Apr 2015 18:21 #83289 by dgoadby
I have a Draytek 120 V2. My broadband is about to be updated to 16mbps. I noticed that my network switch shows that the connection to the 120 is 10BaseT. I plugged it into my LinITX (pfsense) unit and this reported 10mbps speed also so it must be right. My network switches are all "Gigabit 10/100/1000BaseT Ethernet (auto-sensing/MDI-X)"

With only 4mbps ADSL it was not a problem but, when my new service becomes active, it will be.

The data sheet for the 120 says "RJ45 - 10/100BaseT Ethernet (auto-sensing/MDI-X)" so why is it not working at 100BaseT?

David Goadby, North Wales, UK

** sorted **

This device was plugged into a LinITX unit (firewall/DNS/DHCP). Although the Ethernet port in the LinITX was set to "auto" the port defaulted to 10mbps when the '120 was plugged in. When I set the LinITX port to 100mbps it seems to be ok. For some reason the auto-negotiate didn't work. It's hard to say which unit is at fault.

I recently bought a Vigor 130 as I needed the latest ADSL capabilities and this works perfectly so my guess is the '120 auto-negotiate has a problem under some circumstances.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2015 23:29 #83293 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Draytek 120 Ethernet Connection 10BaseT
remove the phone cable, then reboot the modem and then when modem load fully (only few seconds) insert the phone cable back in & see if will make any difference

More
29 Apr 2015 09:26 #83294 by macavity
Replied by macavity on topic Re: Draytek 120 Ethernet Connection 10BaseT
V120 should work at 100 and there aren't any settings I've ever needed to change for port negotiation on the V120. Sounds like you've tried different switches so I'd recommend contacting draytek tech support.

Moderators: ChrisSami