DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

IP Camera access

• nesswill
  • Topic Author
More
05 Jun 2015 07:18 #83547 by nesswill
IP Camera access was created by nesswill
Hello, can asked for some advise please.

I use DYNDNS in the 2860n as I have a dynamic IP, some of my IP Cameras have a 'hard-wired' in DNS Service that can not be turned off from 'dialling home'.

I manly access the IP Cameras via a app on my phone (IP cam viewer) and all IP Cameras are port forwarded and using my DYNDNS service. This has worked fine for years.

I can block the IP Cameras from 'dialling home' (I block its IP from external access) and when not at home I can still see these cameras on my phone, but when at home (and connected via wireless) I can not access these cameras on my phone? but on 3g I can when at home.

Am I missing something? would 'strict mac binding' work if I left them out of the list (so they are not bound)

Or am I stuffed and best to change the two IP Cameras for some others that don't do this?

Thank you for any forthcoming comments or help.

Kind regards,
Ness.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nesswill
  • Topic Author
More
05 Jun 2015 07:35 #83548 by nesswill
Replied by nesswill on topic Re: IP Camera access
Hello, sorry its sorted now, found there IP and blocked that so no more 'calling home' for them.

Sorry for the post, admin you can delete if you like.

Kind regards,
Ness.

More
07 Jun 2015 05:38 #83558 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: IP Camera access
I would be very unhappy if a mfr. forced your security equipment to phone home... It's security equipment and opening it up to the outside world should be YOUR choice otherwise you are reducing your security of your whole network...

Forum Administrator

Moderators: ChrisSami