DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860n+ Vectoring / G.INP Firmware - Connection Problems

• dt_dave
  • Topic Author
More
11 Jun 2015 16:40 #83595 by dt_dave
I have a bit of a strange issue with my 2860n+

Until recently I've been using non-vectoring firmwares, I think all with the modem code of 548006, and the latest one was 3.7.8.1. With this firmware I had a solid connection (up for weeks at a time) and managed speeds of about 20/52 with 7/6 SNR.

I've since tried some of the vectoring firmwares, notably the new batch this week of 3.7.8.2 with modem codes 567517 and 574307. With both of these firmwares, vectoring appears to be enabled for me (ReTxEnable = 1 on the far end) and my sync speed jumps by about 10meg on the download side.

The strange thing is that numerous websites then either fail to load completely (i.e. spinning still once it's nearly loaded) or not even loading at all. Notably Facebook doesn't load at all and this is on numerous different PCs. The strange thing being that the connection itself was solid enough to re-download an old firmware to revert.

I've reverted to the non-vectoring 3.7.8.2 / 548006 for now (which works fine) but longer term I'd really like to get onto a vectoring firmware that works for me as my sync speed has dropped steadily from near 20/80 to 20/50 as all my neighbours have gone fibre (I was first!).

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2015 17:03 #83596 by macavity
When you use the vectoring 2 firmware is hardware acceleration enabled?

Do you get the same issue if you disable hardware acceleration? I had a weird connection issue with a specific app when I had h/w acceleration enabled using this firmware that only affected LAN traffic but not WIFI. With H/W acceleration disabled everything has been speedy.

When you talk about ReTXEnabled I think you mean G.INP rather than vectoring.

• dt_dave
  • Topic Author
More
11 Jun 2015 19:15 #83597 by dt_dave
Sorry yes, I guess it should be G.INP though I'm using the firmware labelled vectoring (still getting my head around all this).

No idea on HW acceleration. I'm sure I've seen this option before but now I can't find it for the life of me... any pointers?

More
11 Jun 2015 19:30 #83598 by macavity
You're not going blind, weirdly its in the vector f/w but not in the non vector f/w.

Under the main menu as Hardware Acceleration

• dt_dave
  • Topic Author
More
12 Jun 2015 12:14 #83604 by dt_dave
An excellent piece of advice, many thanks!

I've reinstalled 3.7.8.2 / 574307 and have disabled HW acceleration. It instantly fixed the problem and I've gained 10m in download speed.

Moderators: ChrisSami