• davidkilshaw
  • Topic Author
More
12 Jun 2015 13:28 #83605 by davidkilshaw
VIGOR 2830 rdp issue was created by davidkilshaw
I have 2 sites both with Vigor 2830 routers

we have a secure VPN lan to lan setup between both

one has a fixed Public IP and is the main office
the second doesnt have a fixed public IP and hence is the initiator of the lan to lan connection and i will call this the sub site.

we want to rdp into the fixed public IP address of the main site and connect to a computer on the non fixed IP site over the lan to lan connection

i can ping the sub site from the main site
when i set port forwarding on the main router to point to the IP address of the sub site this doesnt work.

The subnets are 10.200.0.xxx for the main site
and 10.100.0.xxx for the subsite

I assume this is because there needs to be a re direct within the router to push this IP address over the the lan to lan connection

thanks in advance

Dave Kilshaw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2015 15:49 #83634 by fchef
Replied by fchef on topic Re: VIGOR 2830 rdp issue
Do you want to connect with rdp to you computer of the non-static (dynamic) site from any computer outside your offices
or do you want to rdp to your computer of the dynamic site from your main office?
If it is the latter, then you don' need port forwarding.Once you have setup vpn connection just rdp the subsite.

If it is the first case, easiest scenario is to setup a free dyndns-no-ip account with you router (subsite) open port 3389 to your specific computer and from anywhere in the world just rdp to the following address: mywhatevername.dyndns.org

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami