Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 120 Info needed

• radial
  • Topic Author
More
28 Apr 2010 23:42 #1 by radial
Vigor 120 Info needed was created by radial
Hi guys,

I've currently got a Vigor 100 connected to my O2 ADSL2+ which works just fine, however it has always synced at a slower speed than any other modem/router I've ever connected (by at least 3 - 4 Mbps)

I have the up to 20Mbps service, with the Vigor I get anywhere between 8 - 10Mbps, with the router O2 sent me I get about 14 - 15Mbps, and I get slightly less with a Netgear DG834N about 12 - 13Mbps.

I went through a whole batch of beta firmwares with support a while back, none of which made much difference so I resigned myself to the fact I would just get a slower speed.

I am just wondering now if the Vigor 120 would have the same problem if I was to buy one?

Anyone with any info?

Thanks ever so,

R.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2010 20:21 #2 by gymratz
Replied by gymratz on topic Re: Vigor 120 Info needed

radial wrote: Hi guys,

I've currently got a Vigor 100 connected to my O2 ADSL2+ which works just fine, however it has always synced at a slower speed than any other modem/router I've ever connected (by at least 3 - 4 Mbps)

I have the up to 20Mbps service, with the Vigor I get anywhere between 8 - 10Mbps, with the router O2 sent me I get about 14 - 15Mbps, and I get slightly less with a Netgear DG834N about 12 - 13Mbps.

I went through a whole batch of beta firmwares with support a while back, none of which made much difference so I resigned myself to the fact I would just get a slower speed.

I am just wondering now if the Vigor 120 would have the same problem if I was to buy one?

Anyone with any info?

Thanks ever so,

R.

I have 2 x vigor 100's sat in a cupboard collecting dust because of their atrocious speed issues. To get the very best speeds you can you need to flash the O2 box with firmware that allows it to be set in bridged mode. I have both BE* and O2 connections and while BE* box was a complete doddle to set into bridged mode the O2 box took a lot of digging around and experimenting but it is/was possible and speeds on both connections increased very significantly. Sorry I can't remember how I did the O2 box. Might have involved a few "blindfolded" telnet commands ?
The following looks familiar to me...
http://adsl2forum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=63624&postcount=76
Hope that helps...
Cheers
Pete

More
08 Jun 2010 20:26 #3 by gymratz
Replied by gymratz on topic Re: Vigor 120 Info needed

gymratz wrote:
To get the very best speeds you can you need to flash the O2 box....
Pete

Perhaps not quite right on reflection... It may have been the Be* box that was flashed... I think the telnet commands did the trick on the O2 box.
At least you have a starting point for your investigations now though.

I get 22Mbps/2.2Mbps on my Be* line which was around 16/1.2 when going through the vigor100 !!

• radial
  • Topic Author
More
08 Jun 2010 21:00 #4 by radial
Replied by radial on topic Vigor 120 Info needed
Brilliant, thanks a lot for that Pete..

I emailed Draytek support (about a month ago) regarding this problem and have been ignored so far so I think I'll be ditching them from now on (personal and business) shame as I like their products but the support took a nose dive.

Anyway I'll give your advice a try and see how it goes :)

All the best,

Chris.

More
08 Jun 2010 21:06 #5 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Vigor 120 Info needed
The 100 is usually quite good but you have to make sure its got the right modem code, the one on the draytek uk downloads page gives good speeds but I've seen other modem codes for it that give much lower speeds. Also, is it the 100 that's slow or the 120? They're quite different

• radial
  • Topic Author
More
08 Jun 2010 21:08 #6 by radial
Replied by radial on topic Vigor 120 Info needed

Voodle wrote: The 100 is usually quite good but you have to make sure its got the right modem code, the one on the draytek uk downloads page gives good speeds but I've seen other modem codes for it that give much lower speeds. Also, is it the 100 that's slow or the 120? They're quite different

Not sure what you mean by "modem code" but it has the latest firmware installed. I only have the Vigor 100, not a 120, I was only enquiring if the 120 sufferd the same rubbish sync speeds as the 100.

Cheers,

Chris.

Moderators: ChrisSami