DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Lack of Firmware updates for 2820

More
02 Jun 2010 11:17 #1 by rolandrat
Lack of Firmware updates for 2820 was created by rolandrat
I've been a Draytek user for years and will continue until something better comes out with the features of the drayteks, but I can't say I'm impressed with their firmware frequency these days. I know there are various beta's on other ftp sites, but at the end of the day the official UK firmware is still well into last year.
We are supposed to be switching to globalview csm etc, but still we have no updates on this (official updates).
Is it just me that thinks we are lacking updates?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jun 2010 12:54 #2 by howard simpson
Replied by howard simpson on topic Lack of Firmware updates for 2820
Yes I agree, I did a review of the drayteck firmware updates for the various products and the 2820 is conspicuously well behind the rest.

Howard

More
03 Jun 2010 02:14 #3 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Lack of Firmware updates for 2820
3.3.4 beta firmware is around and adds some nice features, Globalview appears to be activateable.
I think they're just trying to make certain it's a stable release since they've apparently changed a lot of the internals in the 3.3.4 firmware, with lower memory usage from what I've read on another forum.
I was using some of the earlier 3.3.4 beta firmwares like 3.3.4 RC4&5 and those had some issues/occasional oddness, using RC10 now, no issues so far.

More
03 Jun 2010 08:04 #4 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic Lack of Firmware updates for 2820

Voodle wrote: 3.3.4 beta firmware is around and adds some nice features, Globalview appears to be activateable.
I think they're just trying to make certain it's a stable release since they've apparently changed a lot of the internals in the 3.3.4 firmware, with lower memory usage from what I've read on another forum.
I was using some of the earlier 3.3.4 beta firmwares like 3.3.4 RC4&5 and those had some issues/occasional oddness, using RC10 now, no issues so far.

Where did you get RC10 from, I'd be up for giving it a try.

More
08 Jun 2010 00:12 #5 by eric.jansen
Replied by eric.jansen on topic Lack of Firmware updates for 2820
ftp://ftp.draytek.pl/Seria_2820/Firmware/3.3.4_BETA/

Using it over a week with trial version of Globalview activated, no issues at all for me.

Please note that initial flash resulted in an error, but after repeated flashing between 3.3.3 and 3.3.4RC10 I found that rebooting the router into factory mode before online update to 3.3.4RC10 works everytime. Just make sure you save your config and upload once you have flashed to 3.3.4RC10.

More
08 Jun 2010 07:03 #6 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic Lack of Firmware updates for 2820
I found it and loaded no trouble.
Has anyone found anywhere cheap to get the globalview from, cheapest in UK appears to be about £50+, which i know is cheap in theory, but after all these years of £0 its a big jump, especially as the 2710's are £25 (ish) and for me they have all the features I need.

Moderators: ChrisSami