Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Cannot forward any ports ... Please Help

• skingswell
  • Topic Author
More
31 Jul 2010 13:34 #1 by skingswell
Cannot forward any ports ... Please Help was created by skingswell
Hi

I have a Draytek Vigor 2910 Series Router which works perfectly for our VPN traffic.

I now need to setup a port forward for SMTP and have created a port redirection under NAT for port 25 going to the IP address of the Email server. I have also enabled an open port for SMTP traffic.

This is not working am I missing a step. If I try to telnet the router on port 25 I get

"Could not open connection on port 25. The data area passed to the system call is too small.

I have never seen the 2nd part of this error. Yes if a port was blocked I would get a standard message to say it cannot connect but this is confusiing me. Is it the router or something else?

Please HELP!!!! Thanks :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2010 16:37 #2 by adie
Replied by adie on topic double check
make sure you have the right port number in without spaces before of after, i came across tis when first setting my up and was somthing i was doing incorrectly, double check, and by that i dont mean enterer in the same info again, start over with a new rule or service and go from there

More
06 Aug 2010 09:31 #3 by rpg
You dont need to "Open" the port as well as Port Redirect. Maybe both trying to do the same thing is causing the problem. Delete the Open port rule and just port redirect to the server IP.

• skingswell
  • Topic Author
More
10 Aug 2010 08:58 #4 by skingswell
Replied by skingswell on topic Cannot forward any ports ... Please Help
I have tried just having the port redirect but I still cannot telnet to port 25. If I run a port scan to the Draytek it say port 25 is closed.. There are 5 other ports open 21, 22, 23, 80 & 515...

Should port 25 be open even if I am port fowarding to another server??

More
10 Aug 2010 13:47 #5 by rpg
If you have port forwarding enabled for port 25 going to an internal server then that should be fine.

Is the server firewall blocking the port from the internet?

What is your configuration? Is the Email server on the same LAN as the Router or do you use a Proxy / ISA Server? Could that be blocking port 25?

More
10 Aug 2010 18:00 #6 by adie
Replied by adie on topic just throwing it in here
are you running a scan from your internal lan to the draytek or external? if external perhaps your isp is blocking port 25?

start from the top again.

Moderators: ChrisSami