DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

View V120 web interface when connected as modem to a PC?

• mehuge
  • Topic Author
More
25 Sep 2010 12:21 #63963 by mehuge
V120 plugged into PC, and into ADSL, its giving the PC a public IP and gateway

How can I look at the V120 web interface so I can check sync speed etc?

Actually, what I am trying to achieve is to connect the V120 to o2 (bethere) and plug the v120 int WAN2 of my 2820Vn.

I can plug the V120 into a PC LAN port, and ADSL socket, and get an internet connection from o2

However, when I plug the V120 into WAN2 of the 2820Vn, I can't for the life of me get an internet connection. It just sits there Starting PPP and eventually fails with Message [ PPPoE : No response from server side. ]

It's probably my WAN2 config, as I am not sure what I should be using. I thought I should be using PPPoE enabled, Dynamic IP, PAP or CHAP which is what I currently have configured.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mehuge
  • Topic Author
More
25 Sep 2010 12:49 #63964 by mehuge
NVM, figured it out. I need to configure it as Ethernet, DHCP.

Back to a variation of the original question, how can I check the sync speed, SNR etc of the V120 when connected to the WAN2 port of the 2820Vn?

More
27 Sep 2010 17:57 #63985 by adyr

Back to a variation of the original question, how can I check the sync speed, SNR etc of the V120 when connected to the WAN2 port of the 2820Vn?

This is exactly what I came here to find out as well. So any information would help out at least 2 of us. Thanks.

Ady

More
27 Sep 2010 18:53 #63987 by cocospm
Try actually searching the forum. This question has been answered a number of times.

More
27 Sep 2010 20:34 #63988 by adyr

cocospm wrote: Try actually searching the forum. This question has been answered a number of times.

Actually I did search for several hours and nothing really helped much. I found some suggestions of putting a switch between the 2820 and the 120 and setting IP addresses on the 120, etc but the replies seemed to suggest this rather over-complicated method didn't work. As I don’t have a spare switch handy I can’t try that so easily for myself.
I also saw a suggestion of setting up a static route which I have tried with no success but I might be getting the setting wrong for that.
If you have any pointers to topics I have not managed to find then that would be more helpful.

Ady

More
27 Sep 2010 22:15 #63989 by cocospm
OK, here we go again...

1. First, connect the 120 to a PC and give it (the 120) a fixed IP address on the same subnet as the 2820 (but outside of the 2820's DHCP scope).

2. Now move the 120 onto a LAN port of the 2820.

3. Connect a patch cable between a second LAN port on the 2820 and its WAN2 port.

You can now address the 120 from any machine on the LAN, using the IP address you gave it in 1.[/i]

Moderators: ChrisSami