DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2710n firmware

• steveb_online
  • Topic Author
More
05 Apr 2011 22:53 #67135 by steveb_online
2710n firmware was created by steveb_online
I have a new 2710n. It came pre-installed with firmware 3.3.6_232201. I have a low SNR margin noisy line (we are on the threshold for a stable ADSL signal due to distance from exchange). I think our exchange is still DSLMax. Grateful for any suggestions about the best firmware for UK noisy lines. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2011 10:36 #67139 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: 2710n firmware
It's a shame that it's shipping with the firmware, use this one instead, that should fix the problems you might be seeing with the 3.3.6 firmware (its broken) and the modem code:
http://www.visus.pt/mirrors/draytek/Vigor2710/Firmware/V3.3.5.1/Vigor2710+V3.3.5.1+AnnexA+211801.zip

• steveb_online
  • Topic Author
More
09 Apr 2011 17:03 #67195 by steveb_online
Replied by steveb_online on topic Re: 2710n firmware
Voodle, thank you for the suggestion. I have changed the firmware as suggested and have seen an immediate increase in download speed from about 0.25Mb to 1-1.1 Mb. Thanks

With the 3.3.6 firmware the SN Margin was 3-4dB and I had lots of CRC errors. With the 3.35 firmware the SN Margin is about 6dB and much fewer crc errors.

The router I had previously (2800v, great machine) finally bit the dust but before it did so was returning a solid 2-2.2 Mb on the same line with an SN margin of about 9-11. I hope that I get that performance eventually with the new router. Perhaps I have to wait for the BRAS profile on my line to be updated.

More
10 Apr 2011 18:49 #67209 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: 2710n firmware
I'm glad that worked for you - the main difference is the modem code I suggested which is better with longer lines than the UK standard modem code.

Was your 2800v connecting using G.DMT or ADSL2+ modulation? You can check which modulation is being used from the Online Status page when either router is connected - from what you've described I think your 2710 is connecting using ADSL2+ (which has an ideal SNR of 6db and a higher upload speed) and your 2800v may have been connecting using G.DMT (SNR above 10 is normal and it can have higher download speed but with a slightly lower upload speed).

More
12 Apr 2011 17:27 #67234 by bengaul
Replied by bengaul on topic Re: 2710n firmware
Thanks for this. It has been driving me crazy! I also had the firmware that was shipped. What is wrong with it? It's awful!

More
25 Apr 2011 21:16 #67446 by gamaha
Replied by gamaha on topic Re: 2710n firmware
Thank you. This worked for me as well, but at first I thought this was irrelevant as my broadband speed is over 10Mb. I was seeing downloads start really quick then just drop to nothing within 5 seconds. It seems that the firmware it was shipped with is a bit flawed!

Moderators: Sami