DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820Vn 3G will not connect (Three ZTE Dongle)

• jamesjeremy
  • Topic Author
More
06 Jul 2011 12:22 #68504 by jamesjeremy
Hi, I’ve tried everything with this and am getting nowhere... I followed the online guide for setting up a 3G connection but under the 'online status' it just sits disconnected whatever I do. The modem works fine on all our local PCs and gets a solid green light when in the Vigor modem (ready to connect) but it will not get any further.

I have contacted Three and they said the only things to (or that could be) specified is the APN (3internet) and the dial string (*99#). I have put this information in all manner of ways but still nothing.

The dongle is a ZTE MF112 and it is on the list of compatible modems (albeit it does say with firmware 3.3.5.1 +). I have even changed the firmware from 211801 to the alternative 2471201.

When looking at the connection screen it says it is enabled but anytime I click dial the page seems to refresh and nothing changes...

Any help would be massively appreciated!!! ;)

James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2011 14:13 #68507 by voodle
try putting in "wan modem force on" in the router's telnet interface then disconnect & reconnect the modem to see if that helps.

• jamesjeremy
  • Topic Author
More
06 Jul 2011 15:08 #68512 by jamesjeremy
Replied by jamesjeremy on topic Re: 2820Vn 3G will not connect (Three ZTE Dongle)
Thanks for a swift response Voodle, im new to all this so not totally up to speed with the technical terms but what I have found in the WAN interface (is that telnet?!?!!) is a drop down for 'always on' or 'on demand' but have tried both of these before to no avail.. do you have any further pointers for this telnet area/function?

More
06 Jul 2011 17:44 #68517 by voodle
It's through telnet only, it's to force the 3g to detect as 3g rather than usb storage.

• jamesjeremy
  • Topic Author
More
07 Jul 2011 14:40 #68528 by jamesjeremy
Replied by jamesjeremy on topic Re: 2820Vn 3G will not connect (Three ZTE Dongle)
Thanks Voodle - it's the 'telnet' that i'm not sure about?!?!!(no idea what it is). I followed the set-up sequence given by Draytek setting the WAN to 3g Modem, etc, not sure if that's the same as I cannot find any reference to 'telnet' in the 2820 screens?!?!(having searched on google assume it is the interface where to set the WAN, etc??!!?!?)... This router's driving me mad - don't know whether to bin the dongle and try another or bin the router! Cheers...

More
08 Jul 2011 09:42 #68534 by nealuk
Start >> Run >> cmd [enter]

gives you "old fashioned black and white computer type window" looks like this:

then type telnet [enter] open 192.168.1.1 (or whatever your Vigors IP is) [enter]

>> enter the password [enter] >> wan modem force on [enter] >> quit [enter] >> space >> quit [enter] >> exit [enter]

Moderators: Sami