DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

3G Mobile Broadband

• econogroup
  • Topic Author
More
15 Aug 2011 10:09 #69048 by econogroup
3G Mobile Broadband was created by econogroup
Does anyone know of an up to date list of compatiable 3G Mobile Broadband dongles for a Draytek Vigor 2830Vn-Plus?

All the ones listed on the website seem to be old versions. The one im particularly interested in, is a Huawei E367 from 3. Has anyone used this dongle yet?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2011 19:05 #69145 by farrinaf
Replied by farrinaf on topic Re: 3G Mobile Broadband
Hi

Bit off target with my response to your question as I have a 2920 router and a Huawei E367 (via 3) rather than a 2830

It may be just the 2920 (firmware 3.3.6) but so far I have had absolutely no luck in getting this combination to work on the 2920.

Regards

Alan

More
25 Jan 2012 22:59 #70924 by marchawes
Replied by marchawes on topic Re: 3G Mobile Broadband
This may be a bit late but I am on version 3.3.7 Vigor 2820 and have just got the Huawei E367. It s working fine.

Thanks
Marc

• econogroup
  • Topic Author
More
26 Jan 2012 10:18 #70929 by econogroup
Replied by econogroup on topic Re: 3G Mobile Broadband
UPDATE

Went and purchased the 3G dongle in the end, however we ended up with a Huawei E353 instead.

And the upshot of this is........................................

It doesn't work :-(

I've been onto technical support as it seems silly that this router is built to use 3G dongles, but the list of dongles they have is about 3 years out of date. Trying to source any on the list is impossible hence ending up with the E353 instead. They really must keep up with the game regarding this as dongles come and go every few months.

Still, I've been sent a Beta firmware to try out, unfortunatley still no luck. When you switch on the router with the 3G dongle attached all appears fine, it boots up connects to ADSL no problems, then about 30 secs later all the lights light up, you hear a click and the router will re-boot itself.

Having used SYSLOG I can see that the dongle is initialised ok, and I can see the blue light on the dongle flash. But then it stops and the re-boot occurs.

Lets hope this can be fixed, otherwise I've spent a lot of the firms money on redundancy which won't actually protect us in the case of any major problems.

• econogroup
  • Topic Author
More
26 Jan 2012 11:27 #70934 by econogroup
Replied by econogroup on topic Re: 3G Mobile Broadband
Just browsing the tinternet, and what do I find:

http://www.draytek.com/user/SupportFAQDetail.php?ID=1991

Now why couldn't this be put up on the UK website? Would have saved me the bother of purchasing the USB dongle as I can see on that chart that the E353 is not compatiable with the 2830, grrrrrrr!

So unless support comes up with a fix, it looks like this dongle is doomed!!!!

More
02 Apr 2012 17:16 #71766 by kalab
Replied by kalab on topic Re: 3G Mobile Broadband
FYI 353 Works very well with the 2850n. Just had to change the AP to "3internet" and it all worked fine

Moderators: Sami