DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2750n with BT Infinity and Vodafone Sure Signal

• sparkiemike
  • Topic Author
More
19 Mar 2012 16:38 #71611 by sparkiemike
Hi

Some of you may be aware that Vodafone had a product called Sure Signal. It is device that plugs into the LAN and using the broadband connection allow you to use your 3G handset where you would not normally be able to get a signal.

I have not been able to get mine to work with my Vigor 2750n router, however it will work with the BT supplied equipment (BT Openreach DSL modem (Echolife HG612 - FTTC VDSL NTE and a BT 2Wire Gateway 2701HGV-C).

I have updated the Vigor 2750n to the lastest released software.

Several people on the Vodafone forum have had issues with BT Infinity and Vodafone Sure Signal and a common demoniator would appear to be Vigor routers. Has anybody on this forum had used the Vigor router with Vodafone Sure Signal on BT Infinity and got it working?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2012 21:11 #71615 by wilsodg
You need to open the ports etc. On the Vodafone SS forum you'll find guides telling you what to do.
If you do that and still have problems please post back with what settings you have enabled so someone can help you more.

Some routers seem to sort this automatically (my BT business one did), but my vigor was a nightmare.

More
20 Mar 2012 12:02 #71623 by wilhadden
Just posting to say I have the same setup and after opening the necessary ports ( I can't remember them off hand ) the SS started working.

More
26 Mar 2012 09:44 #71674 by ahxcjb

wilsodg wrote: You need to open the ports etc. On the Vodafone SS forum you'll find guides telling you what to do.
If you do that and still have problems please post back with what settings you have enabled so someone can help you more.

Some routers seem to sort this automatically (my BT business one did), but my vigor was a nightmare.

You don't need to open any ports. This is slight of hand from Vodafone support (who probably don't really understand exactly what they're writing).
As the Vigor supports IPSEC / IKE - the protocol used by the suresignal - you will need to ensure 'IPSEC Passthrough' is selected. This disables IPSEC on the Vigor, allowing the suresignal to connect.

More
26 Mar 2012 10:09 #71677 by wilsodg
My apologies - you are correct in that you do not need to open ports.

It is port redirection that you usually have to implement (or I did), and I had to redirect ports 50, 123, 500 and 4500 to the VSS.

More
02 May 2012 12:13 #72087 by anthony.s
Could you let us know if this worked.
I have read reports that Vodafone SS will not work over a PPPOE connection due to packet fragmentation related to the max MTU size of 1492.
I have spoken to Vodafone who have subsequently stated that they will not support the device on a PPPOE connection (vdsl modem --> router) so the 2750/2850 might be viable.

Moderators: Sami