• Topic Author
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Dedicated Contributor
More
26 Aug 2012 01:29 #73316 by babis3g
2850 VDSL flash light bug/CURE was created by babis3g
Hi all users of the 2850
Firmware 3.6.2
While changing some settings and the different firmwares for some tests i find out a temporary cure for the VDSL light flashing
When the light flashing at first everything all seems still normal like ping and synchronisation ... well yes but ...
When this happening jitter and latency is more up, not only because is the monitor but jitter will go from 1-2 ms more and my VM connection will go 2-3ms more ... tested at pingtest.net
Sorry i have lost my adsl monitor had to post but i posting the one from my VM connection
Note jitter and yellow maximum latency in the begin of the monitor is the same amount and for my adsl connection

I don't know if this can make problem to a vdsl connection but at adsl yes it does

Cure:
(note i have adsl in use so i adjusted for my adsl needing's)
Before i had to reboot 3-7 times if was lucky for the light don't flash and the 2850 to operate normal with out vdsl light flashing so can see more clear my monitors
Now i have test few firmwares and adding some dns servers addresses which also needs reboot ( more than 20 times reboots in total) and can CONFIRM never flashed again :)

Here what i have find out
VDSL>>SET UP
Turn off all profiles that are ticked by default (no reboot needs to take affect the settings at VDSL modem but may need manual reboot for the light stop flashing)
(VDSL users i think bug will go away by keep ticked only the 17a which is the current one for almost all fibre connections)
I also have ticked the A43 carrier
(VDSL users can tick only B43 because that is in use with a hacked BT modem)
I have also ticked off bit swap because i don't think is usefull with adsl even if is VDSL settings and may not have effect
(VDSL users can leave it on and see if light still flashing)

Hope this will help someone :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• babis3g
  • Topic Author
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Dedicated Contributor
More
28 Aug 2012 04:07 #73335 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2850 VDSL flash light bug/CURE
i also have left feedback here about firmware tests with the 2850 if will help some one :idea:
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17573

• babis3g
  • Topic Author
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Dedicated Contributor
More
05 Sep 2012 04:05 #73402 by babis3g
Update
while all other settings was left as in the pic above i turn on bit swap and reboot modem for a test of an other firmware and start flashing again so seems is the bit swap causing the problem with the vdsl light flashing because once i turn it off again problem disappeared

I also notice while having bit swap off it i did get 2 times random disconnections while having this line for about 5 months never got disconnection before so seems bit swap ON is helpful and for adsl connection

• babis3g
  • Topic Author
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Dedicated Contributor
More
15 Sep 2012 13:17 #73510 by babis3g
Update

With this beta here ftp://ftp.draytek.pl/Seria_2850/Firmware/
i have reboot 4-5 times and light did not flash again so seems is fine with the 3.6.3 beta,thanks

More
20 Oct 2012 17:12 #73892 by philtrick123
Replied by philtrick123 on topic Re: 2850 VDSL flash light bug/CURE
Hi all,

Hope someone can help. I've the 2850 for just over one week.
I had real issues getting the BT Infinity VDSL connection up and running. After lots of messing around I got it working fine.
Today I turned the 2850 off to move the power plug, and when I powered up again it would not resync to the line- just a slow flashing green VDSL light.
After more messing around, I backed up the config, defaulted & hot rebooted the router. At this point the VDSL synced up, and the VDSL went solid.

I restored the previous config, and all is still ok. I have no confidence that the Draytek will resync on power failure.
Is anyone else having this issue?
I had the same issue with 3.6.2, I'm now on 3.6.3_RC1

FYI....

VDSL Information (VDSL Firmware Version: 1412f0 )
Profile State UP Speed Down Speed SNR Upstream SNR Downstream
17a Showtime 19999 (Kbps) 79984 (Kbps) 151 (0.1dB) 80 (0.1dB)
Server Information (Broadcom v10.07.29 )

More
01 Nov 2012 18:16 #74001 by philtrick123
Replied by philtrick123 on topic Re: 2850 VDSL flash light bug/CURE
Bounce- Can anyone out there help. I get my connection up and running, but if I leave it for a period working, once I reboot the 2850 I get the slow VDSL flashing light.

Once in this condition, if I reboot and default, the VDSL light then goes solid and I can reconfig the VDSL again.

Very poor VDSL. I'm loathed to go back to adding the BT VDSL modem and connecting via ethernet, because I shouldn't have to! VDSL should work natively on the 2850

Moderators: Sami