Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2850 - Router reboots every 20secs

• delboy83
  • Topic Author
More
12 Mar 2013 10:31 #75539 by delboy83
2850 - Router reboots every 20secs was created by delboy83
Hi All,

Anyone had an issue where the router reboot itself (cause unknown at the moment) comes back online and then continues to reboot itself every 20 seconds until it's manually powered on and off?

It's a bit of a strange one, I've got a fair few Vigor's out in the field but nothing like this has happened before. Closest thing I've had was a router which rebooted when there was to much traffic going through it (previous IT company had put the server on it forcing all network data to go via the router), moving the connections and a firmware upgrade resolved.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2013 11:34 #75540 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: 2850 - Router reboots every 20secs
Have you read the posts about the X1 Smart phones causing this?
If you have any of these phone connecting to your wireless then you will need to log it with Draytek and they'll send you a firmware update.

• delboy83
  • Topic Author
More
12 Mar 2013 13:24 #75542 by delboy83
Replied by delboy83 on topic Re: 2850 - Router reboots every 20secs
I haven't seen that - but thank you for bringing that to my attention. I'll query the client and see if anyone has an X1

Thanks again for the input

More
12 Mar 2013 13:59 #75544 by wildwalker
Replied by wildwalker on topic Re: 2850 - Router reboots every 20secs
Have you installed the latest firmware? there is a new firmware that has a fix for HTC wireless.

I think this is it v2850_beta_r34169

Its on the downloads page on www.seg.co.uk

Alan.

• delboy83
  • Topic Author
More
12 Mar 2013 14:17 #75545 by delboy83
Replied by delboy83 on topic Re: 2850 - Router reboots every 20secs
Hi Alan,

I saw the fix on the download page, however I didnt know what symptom the beta firmware fixed therefore I haven't applied it.

- Resolves a WLAN compatibility issue with HTC Smart Phones

Can anyone comment if the issues caused by HTC Smart Phones are similar to what I described?

Thanks

More
12 Mar 2013 14:32 #75546 by wildwalker
Replied by wildwalker on topic Re: 2850 - Router reboots every 20secs
From what I read on other threads, when the HTC X1 was connecting to the wireless, it was causing the 2850 to reboot. This is what the firmware fixes.

I had an issue with my router rebooting after 10mins to 2 or 3 hours (normally after an hour or so) and the firmware upgrade fixed my issue (the firmware replaces both the router firmware, and possibly more importantly the modem firmware)

This was on an ADSL2 line. After the upgrade I got over a week before a reboot (and I did the reboot, not the router)

This was the beta 3.6.x code, not the specific one I just told you about, but I believe they are very similar.

Alan.

Moderators: Sami