DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Bug Alert: 2850 Firmware 3.6.4 - Port Forwarding vs. SSL VPN

More
03 Jun 2013 22:53 #76412 by cocospm
The new 3.6.4 firmware for the 2850 range does offer some welcome bug fixes and A/VDSL speed improvements, but as always with DrayTek the introduction of new features brings with it new, elementary bugs.

In this case, be aware that the SSL VPN feature introduces a nasty port forwarding/open ports bug with TCP port 443. If you are running a server behind a 2850 that needs port 443 forwarded/opened, this will not work in the default configuration, even when you disable the SSL VPN and OpenVPN services via VPN and Remote Access -> Remote Access Control. The 2850 will NOT forward/open port 443.

To work around this, you need to change the port that the SSL VPN uses (despite it being disabled) to something other than 443 (or, indeed, any other port you wish to forward/open). Do this via SSL VPN -> General Setup.

PS: I dearly hope for the day when DrayTek start to put in place something close to an acceptable level of quality control. Their obsession with adding new features is at odds with creating a router that actually does what it purports to do reliably. Please, DrayTek, work solely towards firmware versions for all your router models that actually WORK properly before adding any more new features. Only then, start to incrementally add new features and ensure they are solid and reliable before adding more. This will, I suggest, enhance your public reputation (and thereby bottom line) a lot better than continuing to project the sloppy, uncaring impression that you do now. It's not rocket science, just common sense.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2013 12:30 #76415 by weehappypixie
I agree.

Thanks for the workaround.

John

More
12 Jun 2013 07:33 #76520 by ljephson
Thanks

This worked for me also.

More
12 Jun 2013 14:34 #76531 by adw_uk
just implementing this workaround now after having the issue with a client i had sold the draytek to promising rock solid performance over his nasty little Zyxel!

connection stays up 24/7 but no RWW and no iPhone/iPad's can get e-mail!

one question, if 3.6.3 does not have this issue and i wanted to roll back where can it be downloaded from as the uk and .com site only have 3.6.4 and i cant find a link for previous versions?

More
12 Jun 2013 14:58 #76533 by cocospm
Go to ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2850/Firmware , then navigate down to the Vigor2850 folder. You'll probably want the Vigor2850_v3.6.3_A_2471201.zip firmware in the V3.6.3/AnnexA section.

More
12 Jun 2013 15:35 #76534 by adw_uk

cocospm wrote: Go to ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2850/Firmware , then navigate down to the Vigor2850 folder. You'll probably want the Vigor2850_v3.6.3_A_2471201.zip firmware in the V3.6.3/AnnexA section.

thanks for the link and can confirm this workaround works

Moderators: Sami